First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
I have no electrical issues that I know of. When I start my Jeep the battery symbol on the gauges comes on for the bulb check and then goes out when the engine starts. The instrument panel display shows system voltage at 12.6v with ignition on, engine off. When I start the engine the system voltage goes to 13.5v at idle with all accessories off. While the engine is idling, I turn on AC with HVAC fan on high, cooling fan on high, headlights on, steering wheel heater on, both front seat heaters on high, rear window defogger on and front windshield wiper on. With full electrical load the system voltage, at idle is 12.5v. It just doesn't get any better than this.

But yet I get the messages (see below) from Jeep. I have checked all of my battery connections at the main battery. I did not check or test the aux. battery. I am thinking the Jeep is all good, and the Uconnect alert warning is screwed up.

Any words of wisdom on this issue? Just FYI, the Jeep is stock diesel and has the heavy duty charging system.

Thanks

Jeep Wrangler JL Charging System Warning Alert via email & Uconnect App Both Messages
Sponsored

OP
OP
calemasters

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I just got the same email. No indication on the dash.

Did anything come of yours?
No. There are absolutely no issues with my Jeep, electrical or otherwise. I have tested the main battery and the alternator. For whatever triggers the warning, I think the parameters are too tight.

While driving, my electrical system is always between 12.6v and 14.0v. I have no starting issues.

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
Well, I never got any warnings, and my battery died, so...consider having the battery checked out.

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 1987 Comanche, 1997 F250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd
My Jeep is only about 3 months old. So I am a bit surprised. And my ESS is working fine.

Still, I may just go ahead and upgrade the batteries anyway.

Sponsored

azbobver

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon EcoDiesel
Occupation
Permanent Vacation
I have received the email message twice.The first time I took it to a dealer and they scanned for an error condition and there was none. They also checked the charging system and found nothing. Battery level is good with the engine running or not. My diesel is 6 months old with 5k miles. The first error happened at about 2.5k miles and then yesterday I got another email. The vehicle had been sitting yesterday for more than sn hour after a 6 hour drive.

nkyjeep

First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 f250 platinum, 2021 JL RUBICON
Occupation
retired
i got one of those as well but my jeep was having auto steps installed and seems to have drained the battery, they said they connect charger to battery but when i got the jeep back home the battery had less than 25% charge on it , so i unconnected the battery from the electrical system and charged it up, my power load now showed 14.5 then after 3 weeks it goes from 14.1 to 13.5 and back and forth, I don't think the e-torque motor is charging the battery well like the old alternator would so my next question is do i need to look at fuses and which ones are connected to e-torque charging system etc.

JBM427

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Jeep Rubicon
I got the warning and my diesel jeep died at a stop light. finally got it start ran like hell home and it went out again and everything died. started with warning and windshield wipers. Learned JL have two batteries and how to manual disconnect the trans to push it out of an intersection. got it towed and found out if blew a 150 amp fuse. I was like what the hell. Talked to the tech and he said "it happens to some jeeps...don't know why" love the shit out of it but it is a Chrysler product.

OP
OP
calemasters

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Just got back from a 2,500 mile trip today. During the trip the check engine light came on the the next day I received an email from Uconnect (again) about my charging system problem. Not sure what is going on but the Jeep did great on the entire trip.

OP
OP
calemasters

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Just got back from a 2,500 mile trip today. During the trip the check engine light came on the the next day I received an email from Uconnect (again) about my charging system problem. Not sure what is going on but the Jeep did great on the entire trip.

Just got my pro scan tool for reading codes. Interesting enough, there were no codes for the system voltage/battery/alternator/electrical system. The only two (2) history codes stored were for one of the tire pressures sensors and one for the effectiveness of the SCR sensor NOx gas).

Sponsored

Mocha

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Sold 2021 JLURD)
@azbobver any update on this I have same thing happen to my 2021 JLURD

OP
OP
calemasters

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
No additional "system error" emails as of this time. But they were very infrequent. If I can make it 6 months without another "system error" email, I will feel more confident.