calemasters

First Name
Allen
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
I have no electrical issues that I know of. When I start my Jeep the battery symbol on the gauges comes on for the bulb check and then goes out when the engine starts. The instrument panel display shows system voltage at 12.6v with ignition on, engine off. When I start the engine the system voltage goes to 13.5v at idle with all accessories off. While the engine is idling, I turn on AC with HVAC fan on high, cooling fan on high, headlights on, steering wheel heater on, both front seat heaters on high, rear window defogger on and front windshield wiper on. With full electrical load the system voltage, at idle is 12.5v. It just doesn't get any better than this.

But yet I get the messages (see below) from Jeep. I have checked all of my battery connections at the main battery. I did not check or test the aux. battery. I am thinking the Jeep is all good, and the Uconnect alert warning is screwed up.

Any words of wisdom on this issue? Just FYI, the Jeep is stock diesel and has the heavy duty charging system.

Thanks

Both Messages.jpg
Advertisement

OP
OP
calemasters

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
I just got the same email. No indication on the dash.

Did anything come of yours?
No. There are absolutely no issues with my Jeep, electrical or otherwise. I have tested the main battery and the alternator. For whatever triggers the warning, I think the parameters are too tight.

While driving, my electrical system is always between 12.6v and 14.0v. I have no starting issues.

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon and 2003 Toyota Land Cruiser
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
Well, I never got any warnings, and my battery died, so...consider having the battery checked out.

Advertisement

Jim Marsh Chrysler Jeep

Advertisement