Charging issues

Ratiogear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
So I have free nights/weekends energy, which means I pay .18/kwh during the day or free at nights and weekends.

So I set it to charge starting at 9pm, which generally gets me enough for work the next morning, since I don't use a full battery on just my daily commute.

If I'm doing travel to a site other than my main office, the 4xe gives me a pop up when I turn off the car giving me an estimated charge time and asks if I'd like to start charging now, ahead of schedule. I'll usually press yes if I've drained it entirely, because it's still a better price than gas.

However, there's been a couple days now where I've unplugged it in the morning and stepped into the jeep to find that it has <1% battery, meaning it didn't charge.
It isn't consistently happening, and so I'm wondering if it's a uconnect issue not starting the charging process.

I've started checking on it at 9pm to see if it's charging, but has anyone had any similar issues?
Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Unfortunately, we have static rates, so I don’t have any input on your issue, but I wonder what the return would be on a Tesla Powerwall in your case.

OINC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
So I have free nights/weekends energy, which means I pay .18/kwh during the day or free at nights and weekends.

So I set it to charge starting at 9pm, which generally gets me enough for work the next morning, since I don't use a full battery on just my daily commute.

If I'm doing travel to a site other than my main office, the 4xe gives me a pop up when I turn off the car giving me an estimated charge time and asks if I'd like to start charging now, ahead of schedule. I'll usually press yes if I've drained it entirely, because it's still a better price than gas.

However, there's been a couple days now where I've unplugged it in the morning and stepped into the jeep to find that it has <1% battery, meaning it didn't charge.
It isn't consistently happening, and so I'm wondering if it's a uconnect issue not starting the charging process.

I've started checking on it at 9pm to see if it's charging, but has anyone had any similar issues?
Does it charge if you do the trick of plugging it in, unplugging it, and then plugging it in again within 10 seconds? Probably more reliable than uconnect…

(Not that it matters, but I am assuming you’re using the included level 1 charger?)

Skippy

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Ford Bronco 351W, 2021 Rubicon 4xe
I notice that sometimes mine doesnt charge. The dumb part is if I tell it to start at 8 and it isnt plugged in at 8 it just ignores the schedule and does nothing. However, I also never click yes for the charge since more times than not it is plugged in before 8. Do you set it to charge until full? I also hate that when it starts to charge it turns on uconnect and connects to my phone via bluetooth. If im on the phone it automatically switches the call to inside the jeep. That seems like a dumb feature to me and possibly a way that if someone parked outside people might be able to gain access to the garage door opener by siply charging the jeep (if you leave a plug outside with it).

Chubba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Sahara
Can only comment that I've tried the scheduling and it would simply not work. Suspect it has to do with the poor connectivity with the iPhone app - it's terrible. So I gave up and simply manually plug in and charge which is flawless.

Sponsored

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
I caught mine turning off or slowing down on one of my outlets. Look for a yellow light on the charger.

If it detects the source outlet is getting too hot, it will either stop charging or cut the power way down.

It sucks being on level 1 and not being able to get a full top off before morning.

HeidiHoForTheHills

First Name
Heidi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Rubicon
If I'm doing travel to a site other than my main office, the 4xe gives me a pop up ....
Unfortunately, I have never ever been able to get it to charge now by pressing the yes button on the screen. There are two fixes - one, turn off your charging schedule or two - plug in, pull out, plug back in again.
Sponsored