Sponsored

Charging and "electric mode temporarily unavailable".

Cold Canadian

First Name
Willie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20214Xe 2018 RAM
Has anyone noticed that in cruise control, the battery will not recharge? Even with it on "Batter charge" mode.
Also, went for drive today, -23c would not drive in electric mode.
Sponsored

Jeeperz Kreeperz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
This thread here should answer your questions about the electric mode being temporarily unavailable in cold temperatures:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/cold-climate-no-go.83339/

There are more than 180 posts, so you might want to grab yourself a six pack of Elsinore beer, and some donuts before you venture over there, eh?

EDIT: I just spotted your thread count of “1”. Let me be the first to welcome you to the forum! 🍻

4xe Rubicon

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe Rubicon
Has anyone noticed that in cruise control, the battery will not recharge? Even with it on "Batter charge" mode.
Also, went for drive today, -23c would not drive in electric mode.
If you have it in Hybrid Mode or Electric Mode, you will only see the battery percentage and range go down. You will never see it recharge the battery.

If you want to recharge the battery while driving, select E-Save Mode and ensure it is set to "Charge" and not "Hold" in the Hybrid pages. Set your cruise and monitor the battery action. Any -kW being displayed is going back in to the battery. If you are just running down the highway you might see -1 to -5Kw which is not very much but it is something. It took me over 700 miles of continuous driving on the interstate to recharge the battery from <1% to 95%. If you are in stop and go traffic, it will recharge the battery sooner due to the regenerative braking.
Sponsored