Sponsored

Tracking our Chapman Horsham Jeep orders?

cclark20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 4XE
If you didn’t understand Chapman‘s position on price protection you should have asked for clarification before you ordered

Chapman was one of a very few places to let you order Wranglers, 392’s and TRX’s without a deposit.

Some of us have been around Jeep Forums long enough to remember when Koons and Petersons were really the only dealers willing to offer under invoice pricing on JK/JL and JT’s.

It is exciting to see all the dealers and brokers across the country offering great deals on vehicles to our Jeep Forum Members.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bananas

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JL, 06 LJ, 20 Ram Rebel
Move on please many of us ordered and are very happy with Tom and his Team, order from someone else if you don’t like their guidelines. They are being 100% transparent that’s all we can ask. Most other dealers are charging the price increase plus $10K or more.

@dealerinsider I commend the fact you’re entertaining a few of these folks, but I think you’re wasting your time, my experience so far has been fantastic!! I’ll be there Friday can’t wait to pick it up!!!
So serious question, why isn't he entertaining my question? I wasn't mean. I wasn't being emotional. I was very factual in my questions and very direct. And nothing.

My biggest question is on the claim that they would "submit claims and if paid by Stellantis would send customer a check". I went and pulled a current POC and ran the incentive configurator for one of their orders that shipped yesterday. As expected the configurator shows the original price from order time and there is nothing to "submit" a claim/reimbursement for as that doesn't actually exist for price protection. The whole deal gets closed at original terms. Probably why my question wasn't answered. Or maybe he will answer tomorrow and just had enough today and went to spend time with family. Which is also a VERY valid reason.

If u want to get high and mighty blasting other people you should understand the process for price protection. They are not being 100% transparent as you claim. If u r happy with your terms so be it. Others being unhappy imo should rightfully be so.

Deleted member 59498

So serious question, why isn't he entertaining my question? I wasn't mean. I wasn't being emotional. I was very factual in my questions and very direct. And nothing.

My biggest question is on the claim that they would "submit claims and if paid by Stellantis would send customer a check". I went and pulled a current POC and ran the incentive configurator for one of their orders that shipped yesterday. As expected the configurator shows the original price from order time and there is nothing to "submit" a claim/reimbursement for as that doesn't actually exist for price protection. The whole deal gets closed at original terms. Probably why my question wasn't answered. Or maybe he will answer tomorrow and just had enough today and went to spend time with family. Which is also a VERY valid reason.

If u want to get high and mighty blasting other people you should understand the process for price protection. They are not being 100% transparent as you claim. If u r happy with your terms so be it. Others being unhappy imo should rightfully be so.

Did you order from them Bananas? Not a trick question just curious.

New Jeeper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Willys

If you are able to see the orders, did the POC change from order date to now (did the Jan 17th price increase change on the POC)? Also, can you see if the invoice changed from order date to now?

Bananas

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you order from them Bananas? Not a trick question just curious.
No truck assumed. No not from them. But every Stellantis dealer price protection works the same. It is done by corporate not dealers.

I do believe they may have had some issues on TRX based on some things people showed me today but that's due to a different reason not price protection.

And to be clear I'm not trying to create drama. I understand the process very well. Hell I've ordered every new vehicle I've purchased for past 5 years. And they almost always end up falling into price protection because price changes. But last 18 months has been happening way more often. I think my 392 had 3 hikes last year while waiting for it lol.

Sponsored

Bananas

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you are able to see the orders, did the POC change from order date to now (did the Jan 17th price increase change on the POC)? Also, can you see if the invoice changed from order date to now?
The POC always updates with pricing changes from order date to KZ. That's why they have the check for sold order protection. It reverts the actual "deal". I am not going into actual invoice system which is why I asked them to show the current POC (which will reflect pricing on day it shipped) along with invoice. You will see they don't match if it's 4ea and price protected. I have no issue saying look I was wrong if I am. But I doubt I am based on doing this numerous times esp in past 18 months.

Deleted member 59498

No truck assumed. No not from them. But every Stellantis dealer price protection works the same. It is done by corporate not dealers.

I do believe they may have had some issues on TRX based on some things people showed me today but that's due to a different reason not price protection.

And to be clear I'm not trying to create drama. I understand the process very well. Hell I've ordered every new vehicle I've purchased for past 5 years. And they almost always end up falling into price protection because price changes. But last 18 months has been happening way more often. I think my 392 had 3 hikes last year while waiting for it lol.

Yeah was just wondering if you got the email from them on protection. Not sure what my dealer will do here with mine shipping before 1/17. I suspect they will honor the price we agreed to before ordering. Only got a few points off MSRP but that is typical here. I am running with the price we agreed to will find out in a month.

Bananas

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah was just wondering if you got the email from them on protection. Not sure what my dealer will do here with mine shipping before 1/17. I suspect they will honor the price we agreed to before ordering. Only got a few points off MSRP but that is typical here. I am running with the price we agreed to will find out in a month.
I'm sure they had a bad experience sometime in past and added disclaimers to protect themselves. Don't blame them there. But they also got the email from Stellantis with the price increase that clearly states any sold orders placed prior to that date are price protected. The person buying it must be the same one on the order (the system will verify this) and it has to be delivered (sold) within 14 days of landing at dealer.

So if u have a disclaimer saying the price may be raised it covers them if by some chance Stellantis raises price and DOESN'T do price protection. But that hasn't been the case in any of the price increases that have happened in past 2 years. Or before that as far back as I can remember.

Carnut12

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited, 2020 BMW M4

Who blasted anyone? If that’s how you interpret my post I’m at a loss for words. I would say they stopped responding because no matter what they wrote the response was combative, I’m surprised they responded as long as they did. I can’t understand why folks would even be on this thread if they didn’t order from Chapman, that was the whole intention of the thread.

That said I’m not getting the increase because I ordered in August so I can’t really comment on how I would feel if I did get it. I did move from a 2021 to 2022 and I expected to pay more because of it and that didn’t bother me at all.

Bananas

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Who blasted anyone? If that’s how you interpret my post I’m at a loss for words. I would say they stopped responding because no matter what they wrote the response was combative, I’m surprised they responded as long as they did. I can’t understand why folks would even be on this thread if they didn’t order from Chapman, that was the whole intention of the thread.
That's how I took the "move on" comment sorry. If I interpreted wrong, or replied wrong (very likely as tone sucks online lol) I apologize.

As for the responses being combative, I agree. Most are optionated and combative in tone. That's why I tried not to do that.

As for why folks would be in here that didn't order from Chapman this would be my answer. Many people ordered vehicles many months ago. Then they were now told they have to pay more. So many are angry. It's all over these forums and Facebook. Even that ok so why be here. Well someone sent me the link and I read their responses and it's not how it works. Price protection is provided by Stellantis. It costs the dealer nothing to do it. So I chose to ask questions in a non combative form (at least I tried) so maybe some of those people can get resolution. Buying a new vehicle you waited months for is supposed to be a happy experience. That's all.

Sponsored

NYJeepGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I think Tom (at Chapman) stopped responding bc it’s past 11pm on a weeknight. He might even want to sleep at some point tonight, lol. I mean, just think. When did most of the folks on this forum stop working today? Probably earlier than Tom (or we wouldn’t be posting so much on a Jeep Forum I’m guessing).

dgauss

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, Wrangler 392 (on order)
I can show u plenty of bulletins & claims that don’t pay…they are willing to take a chance that stellantis will reimburse them…we have over 2500 retail order between the 2 franchises and I’m not willing to take the chance…but like I said before, I’ll make the claim & if It pays, I’ll reimburse the customer…u have my word on that
I don’t have an order with Chapman, but I respect this message. I can appreciate that there have been legitimate issues with Stellantis that Chapman is especially sensitive to, given their position as a volume dealer with impressive pricing offers. If it were a dealer without their history/pedigree, I probably wouldn’t be inclined to cut this slack, but given their reputation I’m inclined to at least give them a chance to make good on their word of applying for reimbursement then passing it to customers after the fact.

Worth noting that Chapman has previously mentioned challenges with Stellantis when posting offers for Ram TRXs, so it’s not like they’re just making this up now

Bananas

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think Tom (at Chapman) stopped responding bc it’s past 11pm on a weeknight. He might even want to sleep at some point tonight, lol. I mean, just think. When did most of the folks on this forum stop working today? Probably earlier than Tom (or we wouldn’t be posting so much on a Jeep Forum I’m guessing).
Oh for sure and I don't blame him at all. One can only take so much being yelled at in a day. Having worked in customer service in past it's exhausting.

Bananas

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don’t have an order with Chapman, but I respect this message. I can appreciate that there have been legitimate issues with Stellantis that Chapman is especially sensitive to, given their position as a volume dealer with impressive pricing offers. If it were a dealer without their history/pedigree, I probably wouldn’t be inclined to cut this slack, but given their reputation I’m inclined to at least give them a chance to make good on their word of applying for reimbursement then passing it to customers after the fact.

Worth noting that Chapman has previously mentioned challenges with Stellantis when posting offers for Ram TRXs, so it’s not like they’re just making this up now
Except there are no reimbursements to apply for. It's literally automatic. That's my biggest issue with the replies.

Like I said I am sure something happened with TRX based on what he showed previously. But that's some other issue, not price protection.

Maybe they will answer my question tomorrow, maybe they won't.

NYJeepGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
As for why folks would be in here that didn't order from Chapman this would be my answer. Many people ordered vehicles many months ago. Then they were now told they have to pay more. So many are angry.
Tom at Chapman has already made it clear that he’ll honor it for pre-December orders, which is when he started adding a disclaimer to emails with the POC about this. I ordered after December & the disclaimer was there. I never assumed I had price protection on this bc of that.
Sponsored