Sponsored

Tracking our Chapman Horsham Jeep orders?

Bananas

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JL, 06 LJ, 20 Ram Rebel
Yeah before we all get all apologetic here. I called FCA incentives they said there is no reimbursement from FCA to dealers. Dealers only get invoiced the amount that they sell the vehicle at minus factory incentives etc. So, if the sale was at the price protected price that’s what they are invoiced at.
100% accurate wrt price
Sponsored

Bananas

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for the explanation and the commitment to honoring the deal when ordered. It sucks the position Stellantis is putting dealers and consumers in. Now if we can just get them to get our and quite a few other October orders out of D status 😆 🤬
If you actually believe this is a Stellantis issue I have some ocean front property to sell you... In Nebraska.

dealerinsider

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chapmannewcars.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford, Chevy, Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, & Ram
Your statement about TRX being same is inaccurate. TRX had some weirdness where they changed package content inside packages. Show the line item detail on that invoice vs the POC u attached and I bet they don't match due to that. This has nothing to do with Wrangler.

Take a current Wrangler order show the original POC, the current POC and the invoice. I bet you that the invoice matches the original POC. You are using some odd ball one off TRX thing that has nothing to do with Wrangler sales. I'm not saying you didn't have an issue with TRX but you are using it as some normal for a totally unrelated thing.

I've ordered two new JLs in the past 12 months. A 4xe and a 392. Both increased quite a bit from order to delivery. And both the final invoice matches the original POC, not the final POC at delivery or window sticker. There is no reimbursement in that case, the deal is closed at the original MSRP/FWP.
In your case it matched…it doesn’t always match…that’s when the claim needs to be made…they send us out program #s with the claim amount on the base price increases…we then need to do a claim exemption & it doesn’t always pay

dealerinsider

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chapmannewcars.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford, Chevy, Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, & Ram
Yeah before we all get all apologetic here. I called FCA incentives they said there is no reimbursement from FCA to dealers. Dealers only get invoiced the amount that they sell the vehicle at minus factory incentives etc. So, if the sale was at the price protected price that’s what they are invoiced at.
they don’t know what we sell the vehicle at when we place the order…they also don’t care what we sell it at…the price protection is a claim exception

lmp180psu

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mazda3 turbo hatch, 2013 F-150
If you actually believe this is a Stellantis issue I have some ocean front property to sell you... In Nebraska.
Re: Stellantis, I was talking about more of them increasing prices drastically just 3 months after 2022 orders were able to be placed. I understand slight adjustments on options on the rare occasion, but to increase the base price 300-3500 depending on trim is ridiculous.

Sponsored

Bananas

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In your case it matched…it doesn’t always match…that’s when the claim needs to be made…they send us out program #s with the claim amount on the base price increases…we then need to do a claim exemption & it doesn’t always pay
So every other dealer isn't having this issue why? Can u post an example like your TRX one but a Wrangler that actually shows a discrepancy? I haven't seen one. I have seen the program numbers they sometimes attach to the price increase notifications.

Hell my 392 had 3 or 4 of those while waiting. But they weren't in the incentive configurator. When the Sold Order Protection box was checked and submitted, it showed the correct MSRP right there in the incentive configurator. That MSRP matched the original POC. And that matched the invoice. No programs were need for reimbursement as the entire deal was closed at original numbers.

And again my 4xe was same way with multiple price increases, many with the notification stating a claim #. And again not needed and everything matched. I also know personally know dozens of others who did same in same timeframe and even up until a coupe weeks ago. Again all matched.

If they don't match maybe show an example. Then people will see. Showing a TRX oddball or blaming a TRX problem (which may truly have been due to its weirdness) doesn't convince the mob. As many Wranglers as you sell it should be super easy to show same examples you did for the TRX but for an actual Wrangler. I'm trying not to be emotional but simply fact based.

Bananas

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Re: Stellantis, I was talking about more of them increasing prices drastically just 3 months after 2022 orders were able to be placed. I understand slight adjustments on options on the rare occasion, but to increase the base price 300-3500 depending on trim is ridiculous.
The price has increased around 5% since the 392 was launched. Inflation is well over that. It's a new year. Commodity inflation all hit now so then guess what happens, prices all go up. Go to any store and compare prices now versus a year ago and I bet they exceed 5% more. Sadly this is the economy today. And it's going to get worse I bet. I hope im wrong.

cclark20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 4XE
Yes, I do have an order in with Chapman. And I was deciding between Koons and Chapman. They both have the exact quote at the bottom, but Koons is honoring the price protection and Chapman is not. And it seems very shady that every other dealer can do it but not Chapman. And how do we know Chapman is putting in the claim to Stellantis for us? And how would we know whether he got reimbursed or not? He can just say no, I did not. But I will let everyone else reading this make their decision.
I think you left part of this story out. Why did you go with Chapman over Koons?

New Jeeper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Willys
I think you left part of this story out. Why did you go with Chapman over Koons?
Because Chapman is closer to where I live. Same 5% off invoice (Koons/Chapman) but Chapman is 2 hours closer to my house. Nothing left out of my story. I ordered from Chapman, apparently did not get price protection, and am now paying more. Koons I would have been price protected. The end.

Carnut12

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited, 2020 BMW M4
Here you go…

2041392E-3C8A-411D-BC13-1FF04E89B5F7.jpeg
Move on please many of us ordered and are very happy with Tom and his Team, order from someone else if you don’t like their guidelines. They are being 100% transparent that’s all we can ask. Most other dealers are charging the price increase plus $10K or more.

@dealerinsider I commend the fact you’re entertaining a few of these folks, but I think you’re wasting your time, my experience so far has been fantastic!! I’ll be there Friday can’t wait to pick it up!!!

Sponsored

cclark20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 4XE
Because Chapman is closer to where I live. Same 5% off invoice (Koons/Chapman) but Chapman is 2 hours closer to my house. Nothing left out of my story. I ordered from Chapman, apparently did not get price protection, and am now paying more. Koons I would have been price protected. The end.
When did you order your Wrangler?

Did they tell you that your purchase price would not increase?

You joined the forum today or added a user name just to talk crap about Chapman.

The reality is you have an agreement that doesn’t guarantee Chapman will price protect your purchase when Stellantis raises the cost.

It certainly sucks and who would expect a second price increase in less than three weeks. Chapman‘s policy was discussed here and on other Jeep forums for the last few weeks before the latest price increase.

Last edited:

NYJeepGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Move on please many of us ordered and are very happy with Tom and his Team, order from someone else if you don’t like their guidelines. They are being 100% transparent that’s all we can ask. Most other dealers are charging the price increase plus $10K plus.
I have to agree. Am I thrilled that FCA increased the price? No, but I still think Chapman was fair throughout the order process. The disclaimer in the email from Chapman was clear. I knew FCA increasing the price was a possibility.

And honestly, in the auto market we’re in, what I’m most interested in is a dealer I can trust to honor the % under invoice we agreed to when the Jeep arrives. That’s why I went with Chapman. Many many people on this board have ordered with Chapman & have had good experiences.

t.i.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler buying soon
Move on please many of us ordered and are very happy with Tom and his Team, order from someone else if you don’t like their guidelines. They are being 100% transparent that’s all we can ask. Most other dealers are charging the price increase plus $10K or more.

@dealerinsider I commend the fact you’re entertaining a few of these folks, but I think you’re wasting your time, my experience so far has been fantastic!! I’ll be there Friday can’t wait to pick it up!!!
you are picking up your Jeep Friday. So are you paying the new pricing or the price you had agreed upon when submitted.
I would be curious to know.
For folks that are being screwed because of the shady practice are not too excited.

cclark20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 4XE
you are picking up your Jeep Friday. So are you paying the new pricing or the price you had agreed upon when submitted.
I would be curious to know.
For folks that are being screwed because of the shady practice are not too excited.
Yep let’s hope he continues to screw people by giving them a 6% discount back of invoice for vehicles that 99% of other dealers are selling at or above MSRP.

valen22us

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 2019
I’ll take the delivery of my 392 so I can meet Tom in person. I Appreciate his transparency in the process.
Sponsored

Last edited: