Sponsored

Tracking our Chapman Horsham Jeep orders?

OP
OP
sparky321977

sparky321977

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe. ordered 2022 4xe rubi and 2022 Wildtrak
Just went through the price changes, and this will increase the price of our build by $1901. The increase for Gorilla glass is ridiculous. šŸ˜­šŸ¤¬

Even if we wanted to change dealers, I don't think we can find one that would have a big enough discount to make up for the difference, plus we'd be at the back of the line again. Just depressing.
i wonder if the are counting on that?? i thought there was a section when sold that price is protected. i did some research and thats how it works on other brands
Sponsored

FreedomFur

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
My jeep was ordered in Nov and got delivered yesterday. Price was within a few hundred dollars of what i was quoted. Maybe i got lucky? 5% under the sticker.

ras815

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe
My jeep was ordered in Nov and got delivered yesterday. Price was within a few hundred dollars of what i was quoted. Maybe i got lucky? 5% under the sticker.
Thatā€™s because your vehicleā€™s invoice/MSRP was generated when it was built/shipped, so it wouldnā€™t be affected by this recent price hike either way. Lucky timing!

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
They did not price protect my 392 order from July, delivered in December. But it was only a few hundred dollars difference so I figured whatever given the discount from invoice.

scott b on the FB group said every dealer can price protect, itā€™s just a matter of selecting a check box in the system.

I do wonder if they just check that box and pocket the difference though.

if it was a $3K change, Iā€™d definitely push that issue and have them price protect.

thatā€™s why whenever I recommend them, Iā€™m clear that they did not price protect for me. I had a great experience with them having said that!

john adams

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD, Bolt
Trust me they want you to cancel your order. The only way they get Jeeps now are via customer orders. If you cancel it plays into their hand
That's a very short term win.

I and most posters here would not be going back and this thread will remain a reminder of their policy.

They are on the map because they give a good deal and are easy to work with. If that changes, it's just as easy to stop recommending them on here.

Sponsored

antman006

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CX-5
Wow, I really hope Chapman will honor the price we agreed to. I don't understand how other dealers are able to price protect but Chapman can't. Maybe there is a good reason, I don't know. Hopefully @dealerinsider can provide some color here. From what I hear, they have been awesome to work with. I hope that's still the case.

dealerinsider

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chapmannewcars.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford, Chevy, Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, & Ram
Chapman is not price protecting even though the Wrangler product manager (Scott) says it is protected. I canceled my order today and ordered through another dealer.
[/
Wow, I really hope Chapman will honor the price we agreed to. I don't understand how other dealers are able to price protect but Chapman can't. Maybe there is a good reason, I don't know. Hopefully @dealerinsider can provide some color here. From what I hear, they have been awesome to work with. I hope that's still the case.
Hiā€¦Stellantis has not been paying the price protection claimsā€¦around the 1st week of Dec we started putting a disclaimer when someone places an orderā€¦anyone without the disclaimer Iā€™ll honor the poc pricing and hopefully get paid by Stellantisā€¦

I hope everyone understands when u make a claim and it doesnā€™t get paid, there isnā€™t a court I can go or a ā€œmanagerā€ I can call to to get the money backā€¦if I donā€™t get reimbursed there is nothing I can do & if I were to take it further there can be repercussions like reduction in allocationā€¦having a franchise Iā€™m at the mercy of the manufacturerā€¦some suit from the manufacturer can claim they will price protect, but that doesnā€™t mean it happensā€¦if they know the date of the order, a multi billion dollar company canā€™t just invoice off the original poc? They wonā€™t bc they want to grab the price increases & point the finger at the dealerā€¦thatā€™s the reality

dealerinsider

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chapmannewcars.com
Vehicle(s)

I and most posters here would not be going back and this thread will remain a reminder of their policy.

They are on the map because they give a good deal and are easy to work with. If that changes, it's just as easy to stop recommending them on here.
we are at a 91% name matchā€¦so 1 out of 10 cancel which is hardly a business model to make moneyā€¦some dealers in our region are at 7%

JLUCQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
I have an order in for a 392 with Chapman. My POC has the disclaimer that it isn't price protected. I honestly kind of expected an increase from Jeep on the MSRP. I own a business that has been greatly effected by increases in my industry so no worries here.

Sponsored

flot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU 392
Hiā€¦Stellantis has not been paying the price protection claimsā€¦around the 1st week of Dec we started putting a disclaimer when someone places an orderā€¦anyone without the disclaimer Iā€™ll honor the poc pricing and hopefully get paid by Stellantisā€¦

I hope everyone understands when u make a claim and it doesnā€™t get paid, there isnā€™t a court I can go or a ā€œmanagerā€ I can call to to get the money backā€¦if I donā€™t get reimbursed there is nothing I can do & if I were to take it further there can be repercussions like reduction in allocationā€¦
Tom, thanks for the transparency. I'm all for everyone getting treated fairly, even dealers. :) You guys have been great to work with so far and I'm looking forward to picking up my (August ordered!) 392 in a month or so.

Word of mouth and reputation is everything in this game, I've referred two friends last year to my favorite DC dealer, two to a local FL guy, and hopeful I can do the same for you guys going forward! (I don't like to recommend anyone I haven't personally closed a deal with!)

zdr

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon V6 6-Speed Manual

I recently ordered from there and have at least 2 other potential buyers (1 Wrangler, 1 Cherokee) that I was going to push in their direction but now not so sure.

New Jeeper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Willys
Hi, all!
Just ordered a new Jeep and joined the forum. Regarding this price protection issue, I saw the below post from a dealer in Idaho that is very interesting and is very different than what @dealerinsider is stating. See below and I will send the link to that forum for you to read the whole chat.

Me to Kent: Looks like the prices from Stellantis just went up on the 17th and, as you would expect, the forums are blowing up with speculation. Many have been asking about price protection for their orders and a couple of the bigger volume dealers back east have stated they aren't offering any kind of price protection. I thought I'd verify with you and hopefully bring some good news to the forums; can you confirm that, if an order were placed with you before the 17th (such as mine, which went in on the 12th) that the price at time of order is protected from these kinds of increases? Looks like the overall MSRP of my particular build went up $2030, so knowing that the price is protected from the original order would be a huge relief.

Dealer: You're correct. There is much buzz and speculation. I've been following it on the forums as well. It's a bit disappointing that some dealerships do not know how to handle this situation. Price protection is in play with our orders. When you ordered, your pricing is locked when we submitted to jeep. Jeep does not go back and increase those prices. The only time a price may change is if there was a part discontinued and / or superseded to a new part with a price variation. Or if they were back ordered or out of stock, such as floor mats. They would have a VIN delete for that item and the pricing will reflect that. The biggest issue for us right now, are the quotes we sent out last week and people are now returning their signed orders. We cannot submit an order with old pricing. So the unfortunate few that this has happened to are quite upset and it's very understandable. Once Jeep makes those changes, there is nothing we can do with those old quotes, they just need to be updated. Hope this helps put you at ease. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-invoice-on-2022-wranglers.80479/post-1801114

Last edited:

dealerinsider

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chapmannewcars.com
Vehicle(s)
Dealer: You're correct. There is much buzz and speculation. I've been following it on the forums as well. It's a bit disappointing that some dealerships do not know how to handle this situation. Price protection is in play with our orders. When you ordered, your pricing is locked when we submitted to jeep. Jeep does not go back and increase those prices. The only time a price may change is if there was a part discontinued and / or superseded to a new part with a price variation. Or if they were back ordered or out of stock, such as floor mats. They would have a VIN delete for that item and the pricing will reflect that. The biggest issue for us right now, are the quotes we sent out last week and people are now returning their signed orders. We cannot submit an order with old pricing. So the unfortunate few that this has happened to are quite upset and it's very understandable. Once Jeep makes those changes, there is nothing we can do with those old quotes, they just need to be updated. Hope this helps put you at ease. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-invoice-on-2022-wranglers.80479/post-1801114
Below is an example...i had to zoom in to remove the customers info...from POC to invoice $2171 difference...this is an example of what happens

Here is a POC ordered 8/25 that went to D status the next day...invoice $84583:

Jeep Wrangler JL Tracking our Chapman Horsham Jeep orders? 1642607427448

On 12/3 the vehicle was invoiced:

Jeep Wrangler JL Tracking our Chapman Horsham Jeep orders? 1642607573862

Last edited:

New Jeeper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Willys
Based on what he is saying he will be invoiced the poc amountā€¦I can tell u this isnā€™t happeningā€¦I can post pocs from august orders with invoices from December that are different

Below is an example...i had to zoom in to remove the customers info...from POC to invoice $2171 difference...this is an example of what happens

Here is a POC ordered 8/25 that went to D status the next day...invoice $84583:

On 12/3 the vehicle was invoiced:

That is not a Wrangler...it is a Ram TRX. So not the same. A regular wrangler is very different than a TRX.
Sponsored