Sponsored

Tracking our Chapman Horsham Jeep orders?

dealerinsider

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chapmannewcars.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford, Chevy, Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, & Ram
So some orders before December had it and some don't? Tom said that he will protect orders before December, but I have no idea what this means now. We ordered 10/23.šŸ¤ÆšŸ™ I guess we'll just have to wait for the reply to our email yesterday.
im rolling the dice on payment from stellantis on pre December orders, Ill honor the price protection - if I get paid great, if I donā€™t, I take the lossā€¦all the orders after December with the disclaimer im doing the deal based on what we are invoiced, then I will make the claim, and when I get reimbursed, send the money to customer (unless stellantis actually starts paying the claims on pre dec orders - if they do I would include in the deal)

OP
OP
sparky321977

sparky321977

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe. ordered 2022 4xe rubi and 2022 Wildtrak
New keeper do you actually have an order with Tom and Chapman? Heā€™s been honest and I thought we out this past us and we were back to hating on each other for not having our jeeps yet. Seems as though this conversation has run itā€™s coarse no?

Sponsored

lmp180psu

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mazda3 turbo hatch, 2013 F-150
im rolling the dice on payment from stellantis on pre December orders, Ill honor the price protection - if I get paid great, if I donā€™t, I take the lossā€¦all the orders after December with the disclaimer im doing the deal based on what we are invoiced, then I will make the claim, and when I get reimbursed, send the money to customer (unless stellantis actually starts paying the claims on pre dec orders - if they do I would include in the deal)
Thank you for the explanation and the commitment to honoring the deal when ordered. It sucks the position Stellantis is putting dealers and consumers in. Now if we can just get them to get our and quite a few other October orders out of D status šŸ˜† šŸ¤¬

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
all the orders after December with the disclaimer im doing the deal off what we are invoiced, then I will make the claim, and when I get reimbursed send the money to customer (unless stellantis actually starts paying the claims on pre def orders - if they do I would include in the deal)
I'm glad that I don't have a dog in this hunt but if I did I'd be canceling my order ASAP and going with one of the other dealers that price protect.

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
At least Chapman had the decency to come on and be honest about it. More than we can say about any of the others who we hear on the internet will honor it. As they say pictures or didn't happen. :LOL:
You are being sarcastic, right? :like:

New Jeeper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Willys
New keeper do you actually have an order with Tom and Chapman? Heā€™s been honest and I thought we out this past us and we were back to hating on each other for not having our jeeps yet. Seems as though this conversation has run itā€™s coarse no?
Yes, I do have an order in with Chapman. And I was deciding between Koons and Chapman. They both have the exact quote at the bottom, but Koons is honoring the price protection and Chapman is not. And it seems very shady that every other dealer can do it but not Chapman. And how do we know Chapman is putting in the claim to Stellantis for us? And how would we know whether he got reimbursed or not? He can just say no, I did not. But I will let everyone else reading this make their decision.

Sponsored

t.i.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler buying soon
Yeah before we all get all apologetic here. I called FCA incentives they said there is no reimbursement from FCA to dealers. Dealers only get invoiced the amount that they sell the vehicle at minus factory incentives etc. So, if the sale was at the price protected price thatā€™s what they are invoiced at.

New Jeeper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Willys
Yeah before we all get all apologetic here. I called FCA incentives they said there is no reimbursement from FCA to dealers. Dealers only get invoiced the amount that they sell the vehicle at minus factory incentives etc. So, if the sale was at the price protected price thatā€™s what they are invoiced at.
RIght...so no reimbursement to Chapman customers because there is no such thing.

Bananas

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JL, 06 LJ, 20 Ram Rebel
Below is an example...i had to zoom in to remove the customers info...from POC to invoice $2171 difference...this is an example of what happens

Here is a POC ordered 8/25 that went to D status the next day...invoice $84583:

1642607427448.png

On 12/3 the vehicle was invoiced:

1642607573862.png
Your statement about TRX being same is inaccurate. TRX had some weirdness where they changed package content inside packages. Show the line item detail on that invoice vs the POC u attached and I bet they don't match due to that. This has nothing to do with Wrangler.

Take a current Wrangler order show the original POC, the current POC and the invoice. I bet you that the invoice matches the original POC. You are using some odd ball one off TRX thing that has nothing to do with Wrangler sales. I'm not saying you didn't have an issue with TRX but you are using it as some normal for a totally unrelated thing.

I've ordered two new JLs in the past 12 months. A 4xe and a 392. Both increased quite a bit from order to delivery. And both the final invoice matches the original POC, not the final POC at delivery or window sticker. There is no reimbursement in that case, the deal is closed at the original MSRP/FWP.
Sponsored