ObiMatt87

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU, 2018 Buick Enclave Avenir
Occupation
U.S. Air Force Active Duty (Retired), U.S. Air Force GS Civilian (Current)
Send pics when done! :like:
Appreciate this thread as i finally got around to swapping out the fog light bezel. Although i have no idea how yall managed to get out the metal nut insert clip without breaking the plastic. Tried for a few mins with pliers but my patience ran out quickly and i just said scew it and ripped off the plastic casing to get to a good angle to squeeze.

Grill up next!
Sponsored

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
I did mine today. I like how it came out on the snazzeberry. They match better than silver. Getting the honeycomb grill to detach is a bit of a pain.

I haven't painted them yet, so far I like them out of the box. They have kind of a silky black finish.

Jeep Wrangler JL Changing out the grill inserts and fog light bezels 20211127_154539

Overlander21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Overland (UK spec)
Add me to the list!

Door mirrors, fog light bezels (slightly different shape in the UK), grill and headlight surrounds.

Before (why did they make it all silver?!)

Jeep Wrangler JL Changing out the grill inserts and fog light bezels AD41F912-8D7C-42CB-9305-47A4026FBB58

After:
Jeep Wrangler JL Changing out the grill inserts and fog light bezels 83D4EF53-4B1F-464A-A988-C65C41D7E0DC

I must admit, I was a bit wary pulling a five day old car to pieces to start painting stuff, but I'm glad I did.

I've got clear side marker lenses on order 👍

micahpop

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
That looks much better! Especially the side mirrors. Well done!

Is it just random coincidence that your license plate says "USA"? :like:

Overlander21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Overland (UK spec)
That looks much better! Especially the side mirrors. Well done!

Is it just random coincidence that your license plate says "USA"? :like:
No, it's absolutely on purpose :)

I used to have this plate on my previous car (a Dodge (and on a Chrysler before that)) so arranged to have it transferred it to the Jeep 😀

Sponsored

mikelectic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara, Porsche Panamera GTS, Triumph Bobber
Send pics when done! :like:
A couple months later and the grille has been replaced. Clearly i was procrastinating as evidenced by the changing of the seasons but pleased with the blackout. Definitely gives the front end a bit of a more aggressive look which i dig. Thanks again for all the tips on this thread!

wrangler front.jpg

ObiMatt87

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU, 2018 Buick Enclave Avenir
Occupation
U.S. Air Force Active Duty (Retired), U.S. Air Force GS Civilian (Current)
A couple months later and the grille has been replaced. Clearly i was procrastinating as evidenced by the changing of the seasons but pleased with the blackout. Definitely gives the front end a bit of a more aggressive look which i dig. Thanks again for all the tips on this thread!

Jeep Wrangler JL Changing out the grill inserts and fog light bezels wrangler front
Big difference! Looks great. And yes, quite the difference in the picture background from fall to winter. Thanks for the follow-up pics. :like:

bondijoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe - Sarge Green
Looks great! Did you install new grille as it came or did you paint it? I’ve got one sitting in my garage to install and not sure whether to leave as is or get out a few rattle cans…

mikelectic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara, Porsche Panamera GTS, Triumph Bobber
Looks great! Did you install new grille as it came or did you paint it? I’ve got one sitting in my garage to install and not sure whether to leave as is or get out a few rattle cans…
I left it unpainted and that seems to be what most have done if they simply want a blacked out look.

In case you find it helpful. I watched this video just so I knew what to expect before tackling the task - gluck!

Gunzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
I did this project as well, but had some difficulty with the grill due to the front mounted camera. The piece I ordered to replace the grill inserts (https://www.justforjeeps.com/6cg99tzzac.html) didn't have any accommodation for the camera, and one of the tabs for the headlight bezels didn't fit and I needed to cut. In the end I got it to work and it's probably 99% perfect, but that 1% has me thinking I'll just ride with it this way for a while until I can paint or plastidip the original silver Sahara pieces since I know those fit perfectly.

Sponsored

Gunzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
Yes, I can tell just by looking at it that you're right. Thanks for posting that. Anyone with the camera will benefit from that link for sure. I'm a Wrangler rookie and my research was obviously incomplete. I probably won't buy this now though, since it'll be much cheaper to paint the factory ones that are now sitting in my garage.

Lusimo

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw x3, Honda civic si
Occupation
Electrician
Hi All,

Thanks for the great info on this thread! Blacked out my Dark Gray metallic Sahara. Love it!!

Jeep Wrangler JL Changing out the grill inserts and fog light bezels wrangler front

If Anyone is interested in getting the old silver inserts for a good price, let me know!!

Jeep only has 10K Miles on it. The driver's side fog light insert has a small crack, but isnt cracked all the way through - see pic. Let me know if interested!!

Did you paint these? If so what did you use? Looks great. I'd like to do this with my jeep