Sponsored

Changing my order

jlrocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ6
I'd like to switch interior colors and possibly tops on my JL order. The salesman says he isn't sure he can do it. Can I pull this off?
Sponsored

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I'd like to switch interior colors and possibly tops on my JL order. The salesman says he isn't sure he can do it. Can I pull this off?
When did you order and what status is your current order in? Is it in D or is it in D1 or past that point?

If in D your dealer technically "should" be able to make the change although I think it is a bit of a pain for them but it should be able to be done. If it is in D1 or later then no the change cannot be made.

LennyV

First Name
Lenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl
It all depends, what is your build status? Are you D, D1 or something else?

Sweetwater

As per the dealership and Jeep. When you have a VIN changes can not be made. I have tried and it is NO CHANGES.

Sponsored

dave.j.fisher

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I bet he will place a new order for you and sell your original order off the lot??? If he won't you could ask for your deposit back...

LennyV

First Name
Lenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl
As per the dealership and Jeep. When you have a VIN changes can not be made. I have tried and it is NO CHANGES.
Hmm I am working with a dealer now, taking over someone else's order that was placed a month ago. They said that because its in D options can be changed. I wonder if they are just planning on ordering a new one for me instead.

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Hmm I am working with a dealer now, taking over someone else's order that was placed a month ago. They said that because its in D options can be changed. I wonder if they are just planning on ordering a new one for me instead.
Well either that or the other dealer / Jeep rep just don't want to deal with the hassle.

OP
OP

jlrocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ6
With the delay, is there much difference between orders placed today and those placed a couple months ago as far as ETA?

Sponsored

Sweetwater

I have no problem to reorder at my Dealership. I ordered 1-11-18 Rubicon 2Dr. I got 7% off MSRP. I have a low VIN and do not want to risk with another VIN that will put me into July- August. VIN # 148332 I see 4Dr VIN on lots at 180000

Sweetwater

If you take that order he should have the VIN now. Ask him for the VIN. If he reorders for you you won't have a VIN for maybe a week. And it will be over 182000. Everyone is in line to get their Jeep. I do not see Jeep jumping VIN numbers on their line.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
If you take that order he should have the VIN now. Ask him for the VIN. If he reorders for you you won't have a VIN for maybe a week. And it will be over 182000. Everyone is in line to get their Jeep. I do not see Jeep jumping VIN numbers on their line.
Jeeps are not built in VIN order. Or any other logical order that anyone can predict.

OP
OP

jlrocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ6
Well it sounds like no one has ever had luck changing an order after they received a VIN.
Sponsored