First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Could have simply been the difference in tire pressure. Most of the new deliveries have well north of 40psi in the tires. If you're down at 30 or less psi (I run 25 in my 37s) your going to have some play just due to sidewall flex. 1/2" is really nothing.
There’s no wandering issue with either. I’m spreaking of steering wheel input to steering box reaction lag, lash, dead spot. The tires will not affect that to any significant degree on any vehicle I’ve built.
Sponsored

thadius65

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, , 2019 Honda Pilot Elite, 2014 BMW 535i Xdrive
Anyone looking for an AE steering box, or the entire 2020 Jeep steering system, please message me. I pulled mine and replaced with PSC hydraulic system. Back to old school and predictable steering!

cocainewhite

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
set my tire pressure to 28 psi and all roaming issues are gone! I have 35" BFG's, 2" AEV spacer lift with geometry changing hardware. smooth soft straight drive.

df007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0
Anyone looking for an AE steering box, or the entire 2020 Jeep steering system, please message me. I pulled mine and replaced with PSC hydraulic system. Back to old school and predictable steering!
Were you able to come to any conclusions by messing with the AE box at all? Wondering if it had noticeable play once removed.

thadius65

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Were you able to come to any conclusions by messing with the AE box at all? Wondering if it had noticeable play once removed.
I started down the path others did with service visits, but got tired after two attempts. That along with reading others having 5 or 6 visits with no real fix, i just bailed on it and went PSC. There are some that think Caster has something to do with some of our steering issues. Some have installed longer LCA's with success when getting a positive caster of around 6. I plan on finishing up my steering, which is already near perfect, by increasing LCA length, setting caster to +6 or so and adding a Teraflex adjustable track bar. Once that is done, I will let enough alone.... (famous last words).

Sponsored

JMONEZ

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Self employed
Vehicle Showcase
There's a lot of parts between the steering wheel and the tires. The steering box is just one. We know that the intermediate steering shaft has a revision for looseness. We know that the trackbar has a revision to increase the hardness of the bushings. There's also opportunity for looseness in the upper steering column which telescopes in a crash.
What revision has been done to intermediate shaft, is there s star case or TSB

mysto

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Grey 2 door JL Rubicon
I plan on finishing up my steering, which is already near perfect, by increasing LCA length, setting caster to +6 or so and adding a Teraflex adjustable track bar.
Hey Ted, be sure to measure your caster before ordering LCAs, my 2020 is 7 degrees from the factory. Unless I measured it wrong......

Here are my stock part numbers.
Front lower control arm 68250242AB
Front Upper control arm 68277340AC

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I started down the path others did with service visits, but got tired after two attempts. That along with reading others having 5 or 6 visits with no real fix, i just bailed on it and went PSC. There are some that think Caster has something to do with some of our steering issues. Some have installed longer LCA's with success when getting a positive caster of around 6. I plan on finishing up my steering, which is already near perfect, by increasing LCA length, setting caster to +6 or so and adding a Teraflex adjustable track bar. Once that is done, I will let enough alone.... (famous last words).
You may as well just get some adjustable arms from one of the well regarded makers...just in case you don't let it alone and decide a lift is in order. Besides, they'll have better bushings in a good brand.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
What revision has been done to intermediate shaft, is there s star case or TSB
There's a couple threads on it around here somewhere. It's a TSB I believe.

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
How much did you pay for everything all said and done for the PSC install?

Sponsored

thadius65

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How much did you pay for everything all said and done for the PSC install?
PSC SK500 was $2000 (black friday pricing). Install was $570. Since then, I added Teraflex Falcon 2.2 adjustable stabilizer at $319 (self installed). This weekend doing Teraflex Apline IR track bar at $229 and Mopar lift LCAs at $60 for pair. Install of those two and adjusting caster will probably be around $250. So in total around $3500. I could have stopped with the PSC and stabilizer at $2900, but might as well finish up things.

thadius65

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey Ted, be sure to measure your caster before ordering LCAs, my 2020 is 7 degrees from the factory. Unless I measured it wrong......

Here are my stock part numbers.
Front lower control arm 68250242AB
Front Upper control arm 68277340AC
I ordered the Mopar LCAs that were part of the Mopar 2" lift kit. They are slightly longer and reported to provide a +6.1 caster. Part number:

68322798AA

Mine as in the 4's when PSC steering was installed and not enough for it in it's current setup.

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
PSC SK500 was $2000 (black friday pricing). Install was $570. Since then, I added Teraflex Falcon 2.2 adjustable stabilizer at $319 (self installed). This weekend doing Teraflex Apline IR track bar at $229 and Mopar lift LCAs at $60 for pair. Install of those two and adjusting caster will probably be around $250. So in total around $3500. I could have stopped with the PSC and stabilizer at $2900, but might as well finish up things.
hows the steering? Is it like driving a BMW

thadius65

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
hows the steering? Is it like driving a BMW
It was an amazing difference and well worth it to me. Before, I could not even blink without me being outside the lines. Now she is steady and stable. Now I have a Jeep that I can play around in the snow, sand and dirt, take the top off, doors off, etc.... AND it now drives as it should.

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
It was an amazing difference and well worth it to me. Before, I could not even blink without me being outside the lines. Now she is steady and stable. Now I have a Jeep that I can play around in the snow, sand and dirt, take the top off, doors off, etc.... AND it now drives as it should.
I definitely can not afford 3k to drive straight
Sponsored