Sponsored

Changes To Jeep Wave Membership [Clarification: Only Discounts on Jeep Merchandise Cancelled]

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I am hoping they extend memberships due to Covid-19. I still have one oil change left and mine expires on 5/10
Are you sure the free oil changes are being eliminated? I thought it was just the Savings Network Portion?
Sponsored

hrhnick

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Are you sure the free oil changes are being eliminated? I thought it was just the Savings Network Portion?

No they aren't. I was just speaking off topic, but still in regards to Jeep Wave.

Ma$$iveDebtAche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I use it and I like to do all my own maint. It's a FREE program that saves me hundreds of dollars. HELL YEAH I'm going to use it! I don't understand all these people who don't. Are you really that paranoid your dealer won't fill the correct amount of oil, or the right kind? Go to a different dealer! Don't give fools your money!
Not everyone has multiple dealership options in their area. My local dealer has been incompetent on several occasions and I won't be returning. The next closest Jeep (Chrysler) dealer is 73 miles away, from my home.

Drytellsr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Not everyone has multiple dealership options in their area. My local dealer has been incompetent on several occasions and I won't be returning. The next closest Jeep (Chrysler) dealer is 73 miles away, from my home.
73 miles at 18 miles a gallon is 8 gallons of gas,Round trip,and a couple hours of wait time plus travel time. I'm with you, I'll pick up 5 quarts of oil and a filter at Walmart for $36 bucks and change my own oil in 10-15 minutes. It's just way too easy to do it on my JL.

Sponsored

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
I didn't even bother with signing up. My closest dealership isn't very nice to lounge in either
This is exactly my problem. it's not so much the dealer, just the environment. They've done alright by me, so I want to support them. They're just not in the best area. Their building is going through some updates though.

The free oil changes and tire rotations are worth it for me. Saves me the hassle of doing it myself

I normally take it into my dealer first thing on a Saturday, get a coffee, and relax for a bit. They have leather recliners and I watch tv on my phone for the 30 min or so it takes them. If I had to pay I would just do it myself as it would take me the same amount of time and half the cost. I do the changes on my motorcycles and jet ski myself so not adverse.

Also since there is a cracker barrell next to the dealer the wife, kiddo, and I will go to breakfast while it is changed.
This is brilliant, and sounds like the way to go. There's a decent diner across the street from mine, maybe when I go in for the Clutch recall and some other stuff I'll do that. Thank you for the idea!

Sounds like Savings network is just for dealership parts? Maybe I'll check and see if I've got any points stocked up or whatever.. Get a hat or some oil filters or something. Sorry for the OT posts. Carry on.

Yngwie

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Sarge Green JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Same here. The dealer I go to is well run. The work is done professionally, correctly and quickly. Waiting around is not bad either. They have comfy furniture, TV, internet, etc. The dealer also offers complementary water, coffee, tea, soft drinks, fresh baked cookies, popped popcorn, homemade ice cream, and a couple of different topping pizzas. You could probably eat up half the cost of a oil change once the free Jeep Waves oil changes and tire rotations expire. LOL.
That's awesome Nick. Please let me know which dealer you use.

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
I am hoping they extend memberships due to Covid-19. I still have one oil change left and mine expires on 5/10
They probably won’t, at least down here in FL, as you can go to the dealership and still get it done.

Sponsored

budpitman

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Rubicon
Occupation
SW HW Engineer
I got that email too. I followed the instructions because I was curious, and found that it's for discounts on apparel.

I wouldn't worry about it.
Not just apparel. I got 500 bucks off a cruise we had booked for 2021. saved a bundle buying gift cards

JMurph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
What about u conn? I don’t think I’ve ever used it, is it worth the money for a year? My Jeep is coming on two years and they want money. What am I going to lose?

StrikeZ

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I got the email today - I did not even know I had the Savings Network.