Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

***now that i found out where this place is from my other thread, we've decided to go here instead since none of us have been there before. looks like they have some fun obstacles to practice on in the 4x4 practice area. Hungry Valley SVRA in Gormon, just off the 5 freeway.

this is about 30 mintutes North of Rowher. (1.5+ drive for me lol).

check it out

we usually bring lunch and go till the afternooon. if it gets late enough we'll go somewhere to grab dinner and some drinks.

post up if you are interested in going. :beer:
Sponsored

Last edited:

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
hungry valley was a bit boring, so we ended up doing miller lockwood jeep trail near frazier park. Pretty nice trail, had fun. We were a bit rushed unfurtunately (sorry not sorry).

Av8Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Curious, would a Rubicon do better on those hill climbs than the trucks? The FJ didn't seem to have much difficulty.

Fsttanks

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 JK / 2020 JLUR
Curious, would a Rubicon do better on those hill climbs than the trucks? The FJ didn't seem to have much difficulty.
Tires make the difference on those hills. Street tires vs AT vs Hybrid (AT/MT) vs MT all perform very differently. So yes the Rubicons with their Falken MTs or BFG KO2s would outperform those trucks.

FiveBoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLR
hungry valley was a bit boring, so we ended up doing miller lockwood jeep trail near frazier park. Pretty nice trail, had fun. We were a bit rushed unfurtunately (sorry not sorry).
Nice, what direction did you run Miller Jeep? I did this a few weeks ago in my JLR from the bottom up, off Lockwood Valley Rd, A couple of tricky spots but a fun trail. Need to get back and explore the 2 side trails.

Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Nice, what direction did you run Miller Jeep? I did this a few weeks ago in my JLR from the bottom up, off Lockwood Valley Rd, A couple of tricky spots but a fun trail. Need to get back and explore the 2 side trails.
same. it isnt too bad. the first hill looks pretty scary from the bottom but I dont think it even hits 30 degrees of slope. The first part of the trail is pretty moderate. Then the second part is where it gets rocky. Very fun but nothing difficult. All obstacles have an easy line, although we played a bit and did "more difficult" lines. The last obstacle before you get to the campsite I would say is the crux of this trail. There were pieces of rubber left by driveshafts and you can tell people have a hard time taking the hard line here. I gave it a try with my 2 door sport with rear LSD and front locker, 33s and rubi suspension. I got really close to getting it done, really really close, but kept getting stuck and pivoting on the stock transmission "skid" (cross-member). After a while, It was late so gave up, decided to back up and try an easier line, maybe I coulve done it but I was time pressured. I cleared the rest without a spotter, first time too, so it isn't too bad. Last obstacle isnt bad if you pick an easier line. Could be a tricky trail for a stock 4 door rubicon due to the long wheelbase.

It is one of the best trails I've ever done. It is beautiful and definitely a Jeep trail. Would love to go back soon.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
My 33 inch falken M/Ts went up this trail as if it was dry pavement. I bet KO2s would do fine as well.
Sponsored