Sponsored

Change cup underneath emergency brake handle. Bad design?

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
You're thinking of the lighter holder between cupholder. What OP was referring to is...underneath the emergency brake handle

I don't use it for anything but catching dirt dust and crumbs. Does removing the whole thing by the tab help? I haven't tried this for change on a practical basis, but it has a tab I've used to remove it to clean -- can you use the tab to pull the 'tray' out to retrieve change? the amount kept there would definitely be limited by the tray's flexibility (too heavy and it would flop over and spill)...but if I were committed to using that small tray for change that's where my brainstorming begins. I think I put a couple coins in that thing once and decided that it was stupid to put change in the DDC tray.
Ive decided to put all my assets in that tray today.
Sponsored

Biohazard

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (sold May 2020); now own 2020 trd pro Tacoma
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I think it's jeep's little inside competition joke. About 1/3 the dirt, crumbs, and credit cards fall down beside the seat, about 1/3 into this little illusion of a tray, and the other 1/3 fall into the emergency brake slot.

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
Your dealer is an idiot:headbang:

The FOB goes here:like:

ADE8B813-7868-449D-A713-1C4E6C8E3D07.jpeg
How did you know my dealer is an idiot.... I put my iPhone there and leave my remote in arm rest storage.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
How did you know my dealer is an idiot.... I put my iPhone there and leave my remote in arm rest storage.
I also put my phone there and keep the fob in my pocket. If I get in the habit of putting the fob in the car I know I’ll be leaving it in the car half the time. Leave your fob in the car here in NYC and you won’t have a car for long.

Snayte

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara Hella Yella, 2017 Ram 1500 Longhorn
In my old JK I’d put the Change in the upper small console. The money would disappear where it hinges into the abyss. Now I just put it in the regular cup holders. To deep to see from outside and any beverage or coffee cup just put on top of the change.
maybe if you pull out the console when you trade in you'll have enough to cover your title and registration.

Sponsored

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
I also put my phone there and keep the fob in my pocket. If I get in the habit of putting the fob in the car I know I’ll be leaving it in the car half the time. Leave your fob in the car here in NYC and you won’t have a car for long.
That is why I live in the country... stopped working and commuting from NJ to NYC years ago. I do take fob when I go to Walmart or Lowes as we all carry here.

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
In my old JK I’d put the Change in the upper small console. The money would disappear where it hinges into the abyss. Now I just put it in the regular cup holders. To deep to see from outside and any beverage or coffee cup just put on top of the change.
Do you still carry coins? Without an ashtray in the JL, I leave it in the change box on the counter for those who need it otherwise in my SUV which has a tray just fill it up. Now I put down on my tax return "donation to the poor". Joking if IRS is reading this.

Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I put my phone there too. But it was designed with the FOB in mind. My FOB stays in my backpack and purse. I definitely wouldn't store my FOB in the small tray under the e-brake:facepalm:

IceInfusion

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
The space between the two cup holders is for the key fob. But yes you can use it for whatever you want. As for the space under the e-brake handle I believe it is for change. I put my phone in that space instead as an iPhone 11 fits there perfectly.

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
I see no purpose in putting money there, but it's good for conversation just silly.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Now here in the city there are phone apps for meters but when I go to suburban areas they have the old fashioned meters that take quarters. I guess in a few years we’ll be able to use our phones for all meters which then we wouldn’t even have to have money in the car. Thank God no more cash tolls here East ( except for a few toll lanes). Do you folks mid country and towards the west have any cash only tolls? I remember in the 80’s if you went from NYC to Atlantic City NJ you had to have s**t load of change and have to drop a certain amount into these automated basket toll booths every 20 or so miles on the turnpike.

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
The small Altoids can fits perfectly in the little "storage" under the emergency brake. That's what I keep there.
71C+HC-cuvL._SL1500_.jpg
Sponsored