Sponsored

Change cup underneath emergency brake handle. Bad design?

Poseidon

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport JL
Ive realized that the change I put in that small area under the emergency brake handle sucks! It’s so hard for me to get under that handle. Do you guys feel the same?
Sponsored

vhfan5150

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright White JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I try not to put any money, no matter how small in denomination, within view from the outside. I’ve taken heroin ODers to the hospital who said they’ll break into cars just to grab spare change. I try to make them choose the next vehicle instead of mine. So I put my spare change in the arm rest.

CypressWrangler

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S JLU
Pretty sure that is for a cell phone....not loose change.....

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
That is a very small phone. Like when it was cool to have a really small phone kind of small. Perhaps an airtouch pager might fit.

On a side note, a chap stick fits perfectly between the cupholders and doesnt interfere with anything.

CypressWrangler

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S JLU
That is a very small phone. Like when it was cool to have a really small phone kind of small. Perhaps an airtouch pager might fit.

On a side note, a chap stick fits perfectly between the cupholders and doesnt interfere with anything.
Mine stands up and does not move. Galaxy S8.

Sponsored

47Jeepster

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Diesel ... 2018 GC Summit
Occupation
Retired
... On a side note, a chap stick fits perfectly between the cupholders and doesn't interfere with anything.
Yep, very important in sunny Arizona ... UV protection necessary. No more digging in the bottom of the council for the *^$% little tube.

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
I lived in tempe for about a year. How do you keep the chap stick and its plastic tube from melting? Lol.

Sponsored

*evonol*

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport
Well, the key fob fits perfectly in that slot in the middle of the cup holders (for those of you that dont have much attatched to the fob)....that IS what this discussion is about, right?

Aviel

First Name
Giovanni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S Stingray Gray // 1996 Jeep Cherokee
Well, the key fob fits perfectly in that slot in the middle of the cup holders (for those of you that dont have much attatched to the fob)....that IS the spot this discussion is about, right?
I think hes talking about the little slot under the emergency brake

iklln6

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
You're thinking of the lighter holder between cupholder. What OP was referring to is...underneath the emergency brake handle

Ive realized that the change I put in that small area under the emergency brake handle sucks! It’s so hard for me to get under that handle. Do you guys feel the same?
I don't use it for anything but catching dirt dust and crumbs. Does removing the whole thing by the tab help? I haven't tried this for change on a practical basis, but it has a tab I've used to remove it to clean -- can you use the tab to pull the 'tray' out to retrieve change? the amount kept there would definitely be limited by the tray's flexibility (too heavy and it would flop over and spill)...but if I were committed to using that small tray for change that's where my brainstorming begins. I think I put a couple coins in that thing once and decided that it was stupid to put change in the DDC tray.

Flyslinger2

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sahara
I have a pin ball from a pin ball machine there. Think David and Goliath.

I have the cotter from my trailer hitch there also and it keeps the ball from rolling around.

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
Well, the key fob fits perfectly in that slot in the middle of the cup holders (for those of you that dont have much attatched to the fob)....that IS what this discussion is about, right?
OMG ! This discussion is so freakin stupid !

i-cant-take-it-anymore-gif-1.gif
Sponsored