Chances of 2 dr Gladiator?

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
GM still builds the regular cab short bed configuration 1500 Silverado and Sierra for the South American and Middle East markets right here in the good ole US of A.
You would think that there’s a market for an SRT/ Lightning/ SS sport truck. The mfg’s obviously don’t

rubiRI77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon two door. 2.0 Turbo.
There would be more two door pickups if more manufacturers pushed them and advertised them. Instead they've convinced everyone that they want/need big 4 door trucks when in fact there are a lot of people that wish they could go back to old days when most trucks were 2 doors.
Yes, there are tons of people that want or need the 4 doors and that is great that they are available to them, but there are a lot of others who remember that not that long ago, most trucks were 2 door and that was just fine for many.
The reason they don't sell, is because they don't push them. I still say that people would be surprised at how well a 2 door Jeep pickup would sell.

Last edited:

chappy200

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Willys 2 door, Sting Gray
Slim to NONE!

The way that 2 door Wranglers are disappearing and the JT being the new "craze". Id say there would be a better chance of getting a glass of Ice tea in hell.

I have not gone to look at a JT up close as I dont like the unbalanced look of them. But a friend is interested in one and asked me to tag along cuz Im the Jeep guy out of our group. He ended up buying a Ram 1500 (I knew he would). But one thing about the JT that really stood out to me is how small the bed is. Its only 5 feet. I measured the back of my JL and I have a good 4 feet with the seat removed. That seems like the whole utility of having the bed is thrown out the window.
I didnt measure the back seat, but it looked quite small. If they made it a 2 door with a small (1 foot) area behind the front seat, they could get that bed up to around 6.5 feet. Now youve got some room for bikes, bmx, atv, kayaks, AND work related tasks. Plus it would even out the weird unbalanced look that it currently has in my opinion.
Just thought Id share as this is the first time Ive seen one up close. Not trying to open up a can of worms or bash them.
Any thoughts?
I like the idea. If the Gladiator was offered as an extended cab or king cab with a 6 foot truck bed, I might have purchased one rather than my Wrangler.

Sponsored

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Just checked a couple B&P’s. Ram, Tundra, Taco no reg cab , GMC-Chevy long bed only . Insufficient demand to justify reg cab. Sorry
I just saw a brand new 2021 F150 short bed regular cab XL 4x4 parked on the street yesterday. I should have taken a picture of it as I was surprised to see it. I did turn around and drive back by it again though.

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
It is all about demand.

The 2 door enthusiasts are a dedicated and important segment of the market. However, most buyers purchase 4 door Jeeps.

FCA is in business to make a profit.

Sponsored

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
The new ( see SEMA) 3 row seating " Overlook " concept proves that what we only imagined is being considered.
The existing 4 door chassis, and now the longer wheel base Overlook teases the possibility of a 6' box, extended cab 2 door
"J6" , Scrambler, something GOOD. The JT needs less cab, and more box to appeal to me, both as Form and Function.
A light utility vehicle, not a truck. Please.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
There would be more two door pickups if more manufacturers pushed them and advertised them. Instead they've convinced everyone that they want/need big 4 door trucks when in fact there are a lot of people that wish they could go back to old days when most trucks were 2 doors.
Yes, there are tons of people that want or need the 4 doors and that is great that they are valuable to them, but there are a lot of others who remember that not that long ago, most trucks were 2 door and that was just fine for many.
The reason they don't sell, is because they don't push them. I still say that people would be surprised at how well a 2 door Jeep pickup would sell.
Sales is what convinced manufacturers not to build 2 door trucks, not the other way around. All of the manufacturers saw this, not just one. Sure, maybe someone says they want a 2 door, but they will buy 4 doors instead because of flexibility. Maybe they really do want a two door, but there is no perfect vehicle out there, so a customer has to compromise on what they want. The manufacturers are trying to sell what appeals to the majority, not to a small, select customer base.

As for why Jeep doesn't do a 2 door Gladiator, there is no business case. It wouldn't bring in any new customers. Anyone that wants a 2 door Gladiator is probably going to buy a JL, JLU, or Gladiator anyway. And for the dozen other people that will buy something else, it just isn't worth it.

WreckEm711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 6 speed
I would LOVE for a 2 door gladiator to happen, if it looks like the concept they've been showing off. I know it would be a super niche vehicle, and likely just a limited production, but I would jump on it in a heartbeat.

rubiRI77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon two door. 2.0 Turbo.
Sales is what convinced manufacturers not to build 2 door trucks, not the other way around. All of the manufacturers saw this, not just one. Sure, maybe someone says they want a 2 door, but they will buy 4 doors instead because of flexibility. Maybe they really do want a two door, but there is no perfect vehicle out there, so a customer has to compromise on what they want. The manufacturers are trying to sell what appeals to the majority, not to a small, select customer base.

As for why Jeep doesn't do a 2 door Gladiator, there is no business case. It wouldn't bring in any new customers. Anyone that wants a 2 door Gladiator is probably going to buy a JL, JLU, or Gladiator anyway. And for the dozen other people that will buy something else, it just isn't worth it.
As far as the sales numbers that is true. Of course if they did more advertising, promotions, etc. to get people to stay with two doors, and continued to manufacture and stock them (not right now obviously all vehicles have stock issues now) then the numbers would not have plummeted so much. Even now there are still regular cabs being built, but they don't promote them or stock them so it is like they don't exist anymore. The ram classic 1500 reg cab express is a really cool truck, that is still in production, but not many around because of those same reasons.

As far as smaller volume vehicles not making sense, then going by that logic, the 392, the extreme recon, the two door (any trim), Ram TRX, pretty much any sports car... the list goes on and on.... none of these should exist then.

This is all in good fun, so I am not trying to argue with anyone (I really hope it doesn't come across that way), as I am pretty sure a 2 door gladiator won't happen either. I am just saying that they have built much crazier vehicles, and I do believe they would sell more 2 door gladiators than people think. Not a huge number of course, but more in line with the vehicles listed above.
Just my opinion anyway. That all being said... I love my two door JL! :like:

Rescue119

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2021 Jeep GC L Limited
wife bought the new Grand Cherokee L. I bet in a year or so this new 3 row will be just the GC. we dont need a 3rd row but the extra space with the 3rd row down is great. She Loves it. she tried a GC and didnt like it at all but as soon as she sat in the GC L and drive it we bought it 4 hrs later. It is quite the rig. will never see anything more then a dirt road but its hers. hence why i got a willys
Sponsored