Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Is there a chance in hell they could do a custom custom order to paint it Mojito or Punk'n
There was some talk on the Jeep chat with executives of doing custom colors like they used to do with some Dodges. They all liked the idea but didn't make any commitments.
if not, Earl Scheib will paint it for $49.95.
Sponsored

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, ford transit 250, 2017 Wrangler Smoky Mountain Edition
Occupation
Mechanical designer /contractor and musician
There was some talk on the Jeep chat with executives of doing custom colors like they used to do with some Dodges. They all liked the idea but didn't make any commitments.
if not, Earl Scheib will paint it for $49.95.
....and they will also paint the windows at no extra charge.

Sponsored

Yellow_Rubi-can

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
What!? Dammit!
Yeah.. thats what i thought too :/ Such a short time for this color! exactly 1 year. And yellow is going away next.. On the website, if you build a yellow rubicon and add the colored hard top, it cancels the yellow out!

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yeah.. thats what i thought too :/ Such a short time for this color! exactly 1 year. And yellow is going away next.. On the website, if you build a yellow rubicon and add the colored hard top, it cancels the yellow out!
Oh man no more yellow either? This sucks. Hopefully they have some cool colors on deck to replace these. I guess we'll find out in a month or two.

RIP Punk'n, Mojito, Bikini, and Hella Yella

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Thank you.

Another one of those terrific customer service experiences that FCA is so well known for. I mean, really? “Slow to update”...... its been over a month..... some manager at FCA needs to simply be fired.

Think about it: some poor slob potential customer has been drooling over configuring his/her Jeep. Been going back and forth over color choices on the “Builder” on JEEP-Effin-COM for the last month. They finally settle on Punk’n ..... walk into dealer and are told that that color was discontinued a month ago....... if there was a sliver of customer service values in the CEO of this company, he would fix stupidity like this. Sadly, there doesn’t seem to be any.

oh, and if the “builder” is actually a tool to simply let you pick colors that might be in inventory (rather than orderable), gee, I don’t know, but, gee, why NOT EFFING SAY THAT ON THE WEB PAGE. “Color has been discontinued and can’t be ordered but still may be available at your local dealers......”. Effing stupid and shows a total lack of customer focus.
They do it on purpose. The configurator is a tool to drive traffic to the dealers. They want the configurator to reflect what is on dealer's lots. 95%+ of customers buy vehicles off the lot.

The scenario you propose above is supposed to end with the customer building a Jeep in the configurator, getting a list of similar vehicles on lots close by, and going to the dealer to buy one of those vehicles.

CaptStarboard

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brisbanejeepclub.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon 2.2L TD - "Jacko" Punk'n Orange (Old - 2010 Jeep KK Cherokee)
For the record at this point I can still order HellaYella on all trim levels with all options including painted fenders and hard top.
Just put a deposit on a Punk'n Rubi here in Australia... most of what I want, but missing a few things... anyone that can answer the following....

1.) having to get the 2.2L Turbo Diesel... does the exhaust need further armour/skid plates? I crawled under and seems like a lot of unprotected diesel exhaust components!
2.) doesn't have leather seats .... can anyone answer if the Katskins leather covers via Mopar can be ordered with "Rubicon" stitching? or is there an option via Jeep/Mopar to get factory matching leather covers for existing cloth seats (this begs the question on if the cloth seats are exactly the same as the leather ones?). Can heated seat pads be added and do all Rubicons have all the electrical loom stubs to support all these "options" mine does not have or more wiring needed? Or would I do better to snag Rubicon leather seats off a wrecked one?
3.) no Luxury group with painted fenders - can the existing fenders be primed and painted? they have a rough, pebbly texture so just wondering if the painted fenders start off as the same ones?

Thanks anyone that can shed some light!

Capt' Starboard....

Sponsored

JandS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe | Exige S | R wagon | V Wagon | MB S65
Thought I would revive this. We are considering ordering a 2021 since Carvana is willing to give us $26,000 for our Crush JKUR with 80,000 miles. Would love orange, but settle for yellow. Would LOVE crush as an option again, that color really popped on the Wrangler.

Any info on new colors anytime for 2021 models?

CaptStarboard

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brisbanejeepclub.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon 2.2L TD - "Jacko" Punk'n Orange (Old - 2010 Jeep KK Cherokee)
And now Bikini is gone :headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

Why do we have to have 4 shades of grey (black, grey, sting grey, silver..... they all the same boring)
And meanwhile the cool colors are being dropped :( I am waiting to order a diesel and now no fun green and no fun blue.... why Jeep why :(
Maybe the dipshits in FCA have some profound research study (prob from Volvo) that people only buy muted colors in a depression. Im
Sure it’s some corporate prick that read a study somewhere! Should FORCE FCA to remove all Gladiator posters showing Punk’n (Super Bowl) Orange. False advertising and all. I would have bought a Punk’n Gladiator, but they never even shipped to Australia.

lack luster at best. Hope Bronco steals their market even with an IFS. Would serve the smug pricks in corporate right. They have survived off the Wrangler gravy train for too long. Time to actually earn their money!

Pissed Off Capt’

Jerry lees

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Dodge Ram 1500
I'm in the same position as you. My two favorite colors seem to have been discontinued. I can't see how Jeep would make a Wrangler without some sort of bright color options. Not everyone likes the standard black, white and an assorted shade of greys! We need bright colors and more of them! Just sit at a traffic light and notice all of the drab colors or shades. It's boring as hell and bright colors are happier any way! :) Jeep, please listen to the masses and bring us bright and happy colors!!! :like:
not that this helps but I too really wanted the Punk’n and dad already had the mojito . I bought mine used 2 years old , I’m 3rd owner but it looked brand new and 11k miles. It was 3 hours from me and ended up being the SISTER VIN, literally the next Jeep made after my dads and that fact that I ended up buying it 2 years later and that far away is insane.

519A17A2-A59D-45BF-BC2F-2BE62891F01F.jpeg

EA56DCB9-DA0E-4430-92FD-E907F4514AB7.jpeg

245BA4BB-0C82-4150-BC2B-EC2E1C9B6FDC.jpeg

1EAA46D3-F0E8-40BE-8D1E-70B22048B5B0.jpeg

Cheeto

First Name
Arline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Breaking news! Punk’n is back to order on all models!

sobeit69

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK Freedom Ed. 2005 Hummer H2 SUT
come on Mojito too!!!! need me a 392 Mojito....
Sponsored