Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue JLUR 4XE, 2021 Tesla 3 Performance
Occupation
Tech and Real Estate Guy
Hi all,

The wife and I are soon planning to order our JLUR shortly. Of course our two favorite color choices are punk'n and mojito, both of which are discontinued. :( Question - Is there a chance FCA would bring back punk'n at any point this year? Is it still used on the gladiator? Was there actually a replacement for this color?

Thanks!
Andrew
Sponsored

NMPirate

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Rubicon Recon
Occupation
King Shit of Turd Island
Hi all,

The wife and I are soon planning to order our JLUR shortly. Of course our two favorite color choices are punk'n and mojito, both of which are discontinued. :( Question - Is there a chance FCA would bring back punk'n at any point this year? Is it still used on the gladiator? Was there actually a replacement for this color?

Thanks!
Andrew
I'm in the same position as you. My two favorite colors seem to have been discontinued. I can't see how Jeep would make a Wrangler without some sort of bright color options. Not everyone likes the standard black, white and an assorted shade of greys! We need bright colors and more of them! Just sit at a traffic light and notice all of the drab colors or shades. It's boring as hell and bright colors are happier any way! :) Jeep, please listen to the masses and bring us bright and happy colors!!! :like:

OP
OP
Gorilla83

Gorilla83

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Tech and Real Estate Guy
I'm in the same position as you. My two favorite colors seem to have been discontinued. I can't see how Jeep would make a Wrangler without some sort of bright color options. Not everyone likes the standard black, white and an assorted shade of greys! We need bright colors and more of them! Just sit at a traffic light and notice all of the drab colors or shades. It's boring as hell and bright colors are happier any way! :) Jeep, please listen to the masses and bring us bright and happy colors!!! :like:
I knew I couldn't be the only one :) Exactly! Can we start a plea to start these colors up again? haha

Bumblb

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport S
Sorry to see they dropped the Punkā€™n option. In the fall I was choosing between a Hella yella 2019 JL on the lot with a possible order of a Punkā€™n 2020. The dealer offered a bit more discount and I took the 2019. If I had waited I guess my preferred color would not have been available.
I too like the brighter colored Jeeps.

Rousie13

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Rubicon JLU, '19 Honda Pilot Touring, '15 Honda Accord EXL
I didn't know they were getting rid of the Punk'n when I ordered my 2020.....I knew they were getting rid of the Mojito!. I guess I'm glad I ordered my 2020 when I did to get the Punk'n color.

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Hi all,

Thanks!
Andrew
I would probably consider another color selection. Not likely at all to come back this year if it's just been discontinued. Maybe another bright color will show up later in the year.

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
Punk'n is gone now too? I'd go with Hella Yella, but I think that might be going away as well. I have no idea what other color I'd choose, maybe sarge green or ocean blue :(

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
I wouldn't count on it coming back anytime soon. If you can't find one on a dealer lot, you may want to wait to see what colors are offered for 2021. Maybe another orange will be available. I have to admit, if I was buying today, I don't know what color I would go with. I would be content with a couple of them, but would want something else.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wouldn't count on it coming back anytime soon. If you can't find one on a dealer lot, you may want to wait to see what colors are offered for 2021. Maybe another orange will be available. I have to admit, if I was buying today, I don't know what color I would go with. I would be content with a couple of them, but would want something else.
Finding one at a dealer is going to be the best bet if it's a must have.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gecko or another really bright chartreuse is probably due? I would not be surprised if something like that were offered in a JL.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gorilla83

Gorilla83

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Tech and Real Estate Guy
Thanks for the thoughts, all. There are a few punk'n Rubicons and Saharas within 100 miles or so, going to take a shot at those to see where we could land as a starting point. Otherwise, we could 'settle' for a white one I guess or buy used.

upstateJL

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Cherokee High Altitude
As of a few minutes ago I was able to spec punkā€™n on the Jeep website for a Rubicon and Willyā€™s build (didnā€™t try the other trims). If memory serves me right that wasnā€™t the case a few days ago, so it may be back for the month - or longer. Iā€™d talk to a dealer first thing tomorrow!

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Usually once it's gone, it's not coming back. A similar one might come out later in 20 or 21, but that's going to be rolling the dice.

Thanks for the thoughts, all. There are a few punk'n Rubicons and Saharas within 100 miles or so, going to take a shot at those to see where we could land as a starting point. Otherwise, we could 'settle' for a white one I guess or buy used.
I think @Cypher is selling a pretty sweet Punk'n Orange but he lives in AZ. Worth the trip though.

BuT i WaNt A aRmY CoLoR/ I LiKe 17 ShAdEs Of GrAy/ SiLvEr- No disrespect, but we do have like 5 shades of Gray and the bright colors aren't offered in most other cars. Keep the Brightly colored Jeeps like the CJ5 Renegades!

OT:
@upstateJL I too live in the Saratoga area!

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
As of a few minutes ago I was able to spec punkā€™n on the Jeep website for a Rubicon and Willyā€™s build (didnā€™t try the other trims). If memory serves me right that wasnā€™t the case a few days ago, so it may be back for the month - or longer. Iā€™d talk to a dealer first thing tomorrow!
The builder on the website is notoriously slow. Mojito was no longer able to order last fall, but didn't drop off the builder until a few weeks ago. This is because the builder is not designed to help you decide what you want to order, but rather to help you locate one on the lot near you that is similar. If a color is discontinued, expect it to remain in the builder for a few months while there are still Jeeps of that color on lots.

Bikini and Sarge green are the new "special colors" - I wouldn't expect another for a year.
Sponsored