Ceramic Pro installed

Mattdaddy1974

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016GMC 2500 Denali, 2017 Jeep jk, 2018 Cadillac xt5
I just picked up my daughters JLS from the retailer. This was my first experience with a high end detailer and I must say I was pleasantly surprised with the bill. Very reasonable I think for a five year ceramic compared to the other shops I asked. I might have changed my mind about black on a vehicle. In the past I have seen the pain in the ass it was to get a spot free shine on black cars. I just rinsed it off and blew it off. Approximately 10 minutes later and she looked better than the day I bought her literally. Anyone thinking of doing it should. Give Sage Eco Detailing a call if you live in the Sarasota, Fl area. Guys were awesome.

FDAE1D5A-B9C2-40E4-B6D4-66370AA052E7.jpeg
Sponsored

kculp

First Name
KEN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU
Occupation
Professor in the health sciences
Vehicle Showcase
I put Ceramic Pro on my Ford Mustang about 3 years ago. Still looks new, but it's a garage queen. If you are careful with using Microfiber towels and switching these out often (I go through about 5-6 each time for hand- dry) if should last a long time. Not had a chance to do the JLUS yet, but have the product.

Rollbar

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 2DR JK Rubicon (dozer) 2018 2DR JL Rubicon (granite) (waiting)
If you don't mind me asking, what are they charging for the ceramic on a 2 door? Unfortunately I'm in California so I can't utilize your guys

pangmaster

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Occupation
Enterprise architect
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great!!!! I'm seriously considering Ceramic Pro as well. A friend of mine races his Boss 302 and with this product the melted rubber and other crap he picks up from the track just rinses right off. Got an estimate for about $1400 to do a 2-door with a hard top, for the gold/lifetime package. Seems like you got a pretty good price for the silver.

I'm curious if you did any of the underbody or wheel wells. The detail shop I talked to said they could do up under the fenders in the wheel wells though not sure if that will be worth it. I didn't ask too much about that yet because my first though was, nah, but if it made getting dirt and mud out easier it may be. I don't know... I have no experience yet with these new high-tech coatings.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mattdaddy1974

Mattdaddy1974

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016GMC 2500 Denali, 2017 Jeep jk, 2018 Cadillac xt5
As long as you dry after washing. Washing it with a lower psi (1500) pressure washer. Use a good blower and clean microfiber. Wheel wells might be ok but I donā€™t really see me needing that.

ItsUhJEEP

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon
I did my own with CQuartz UK 50ml for $70. I was also able to get 2 coats on the wife's MDX.

It is not an easy task
-wash
-clay bar
-polish
-IPA wipe
-ceramic application(24hrs cure)
-CarPro Reload(gloss coat)

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
I did my own with CQuartz UK 50ml for $70. I was also able to get 2 coats on the wife's MDX.

It is not an easy task
-wash
-clay bar
-polish
-IPA wipe
-ceramic application(24hrs cure)
-CarPro Reload(gloss coat)
what was the most difficult part, wiping the coating off after it was applied?

I detail my own cars but have never tried a ceramic coating. Game plan once it arrives is to paint the underside and rust proof, decontaminate with Mckeys iron remover and clay, polish and seal with Polish Angel Cosmic 2 and have Llumar PPF applied.

The Cosmic 2 is supposed to be a good sealant and easy to apply.

ItsUhJEEP

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon
what was the most difficult part, wiping the coating off after it was applied?/QUOTE]

For me, the most difficult part was flashing the ceramic. I have a white JL so the flashing was difficult to see and I have some spots that I can pickup on in certain light. The rest of the steps were not anything that you can't handle. Especially with the pros charging as much as they do.

you might not need to polish if your JL is new and the dealer left it alone?

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
did you do 1 panel at a time applying it and how long did it take to flash where you could start wiping it? That seems to depend on temp/humidity. Kudos to you to try it your self. Videos I watch seem to indicate about 5-10 minutes.

ItsUhJEEP

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon
did you do 1 panel at a time applying it and how long did it take to flash where you could start wiping it? That seems to depend on temp/humidity. Kudos to you to try it your self. Videos I watch seem to indicate about 5-10 minutes.
I did 2'x2' sections and it flashed pretty quick(1-2 mins). It was right at 1month ago and temp(in my garage) was above 90*f, humidity being high also. I've shown it to several buds and either they are lying to me or they really don't notice the areas that I can see. I takes just the right angle and light to catch it. I would think any other hue, one would catch it before it hardens.

Make sure your kit includes plenty of suede applicator sheets, They harden fairly fast and will scratch your paint. Also junk your buff towels, they will do the same.
Go for it!
Sponsored