Sponsored

Ceramic Coating Unpainted Plastic Fenders

dirtdigr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
I ceramic coated my entire vehicle....trim and top with Avalon King Armor Shield 9. Best result I've ever had. From what I hear the plastic is protected for a minimum of 2-3 years.
Did my whole Jeep with Avalon King a year and a half ago, still looks great! I coated everything, Paint, Plastic, and Glass. Make sure you follow their directions and get everything really clean first caus once you coat it, it locks any imperfections in.
Sponsored

Billy Baldone

First Name
William Stutz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 JL Willy's
Yes I appreciate you sending that along. I did actually get the same response from Cerakote themselves.....and it did help somewhat....but they are still a god awful mess. I'm just going to replace the fenders now.
Get some Solution Finish to fix them, Then use their dedicated coating to lock it in

nositting

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUS
i’m pretty happy with ceratrim. works well and lasts a while. brings the color back like magic which is kinda weird but cool.

OldBlue

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See my Signature
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Aerospace Forgings Test Lab
Vehicle Showcase
Great timing for this post. Just about ready to pull the trigger on a JLU for the SO.

I've used the CMX on my WK2 with fantastic results. I was wondering what the best product was to protect the black fenders. Sounds like at least a couple of products to try.

TATER1971

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Willy's Wheeler JK in Rhino
Get some Solution Finish to fix them, Then use their dedicated coating to lock it in
The problem was I damaged the fenders scraping the Cerakote off, so I just put on new fenders. I'll stick with Mother's Back to Black in the future. It lasts a couple of months and that will be fine, I can live with that.

Al Fred

First Name
Al Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe / KTM 1290 Super Adventure
The gloss detailer spray from Harley has always served me perfectly...

Sponsored