Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WranglerUnlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Glorified plumber
Yes. I am a professional detailer, please ask any questions you like. Are you doing it yourself? If you are looking for someone near you for a pro only coating i can help you
What's the ballpark cost of getting protective wrap and/or ceramic coating? Who does it and how do I search for someone in my area (NW GA/Chattanooga, TN area)? I'd rather be shot dead than have to go to Atlanta for something like this...
Sponsored

WOwen

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 WB Hellcat, 2016 Wrangler, 2021 392 Wrangler
What's the ballpark cost of getting protective wrap and/or ceramic coating? Who does it and how do I search for someone in my area (NW GA/Chattanooga, TN area)? I'd rather be shot dead than have to go to Atlanta for something like this...
Definitely not cheap but go to a reputable shop. I got quoted 5500 for Xpel on Front Clip, Fenders, rockers(half door), hood, and rear clip. Gtechniq Ultra and Exo ceramic coating with windows, wheels, and Calipers. Window Tinting including front window. If you want any info. I go to Chicago Auto Pros and they have a really good youtube channel where they have a video for every question you can think of. They are highly respected and best out here.

abnormal4x4

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai
I had our Rubicon 3.0 vinyl wrapped the front and ceramic coated the whole jeep as soon as I picked it up from dealer. The freeways in Houston are notorious for rock chips. These jeeps cost too much to not take care of....IMO

IMG_6239.jpg

IMG_6226.jpg

605895607.jpg
Man! That's a nice color.

Litfury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On order: 2022 Rubicon XR Hydro Blue
Definitely not cheap but go to a reputable shop. I got quoted 5500 for Xpel on Front Clip, Fenders, rockers(half door), hood, and rear clip. Gtechniq Ultra and Exo ceramic coating with windows, wheels, and Calipers. Window Tinting including front window. If you want any info. I go to Chicago Auto Pros and they have a really good youtube channel where they have a video for every question you can think of. They are highly respected and best out here.
Wow I am surprised by this price. I didn't realize it was so much. I had considered getting it several times but never got quotes. Seriously not trying to be a jerk, but can't you get the whole car repainted for about that price?

WOwen

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 WB Hellcat, 2016 Wrangler, 2021 392 Wrangler
Wow I am surprised by this price. I didn't realize it was so much. I had considered getting it several times but never got quotes. Seriously not trying to be a jerk, but can't you get the whole car repainted for about that price?
Well coating itself really isn't all that bad actually it's a bunch of stuff I'm doing. I guess you could get it painted but the HC doesn't have a rock chip on the paint in 3yrs. so to me was well worth it. The hardest part is knowing if you'll always keep it.

Sponsored

PeppeWrangler

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU S, 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth, RE Cont. GT650
Getting my Wrangler ceramic coated and front windows tinted next week. Plan on keeping for a long time and unfortunately it's parked outside due to my other toy occupying the garage. I may do a clear film but not sure yet.

COJLGirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4...
Does it make sense to get a new black wrangler ceramic coated??
I get all of my vehicles ceramic coated regardless of color. You still have to properly wash the the vehicle which still means hand washing and avoiding tunnel and automatic car washes.

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
I get all of my vehicles ceramic coated regardless of color. You still have to properly wash the the vehicle which still means hand washing and avoiding tunnel and automatic car washes.
What's the average cost?

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
I have it on my other car (CQuartz Professional) and it set me back about $1500. It's all in the prep work and expertise of the person installing it. There is maintenance involved, but it stays cleaner, is easier to wash and doesn't swirl like it used to. I use an electric leaf blower to dry the car without ever touching it with a towel during the drying process. Automatic car washes are out of the equation (they're the devil anyway) if you get ceramic coated. That stuff is so bad for your paint and car that it'll wear down your coat faster than anything else.

Fitzz47

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 unlimited Sahara jl
I use Wolfgang Sio2 paint sealant. Every six months. You have to let it cure for 12 hrs. Easy and cheap.

Sponsored

COJLGirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What's the average cost?
It’s definitely not a cheap undertaking. Here’s my complete package quote for my new 4xe (if it ever arrives :surprised:):

Ceramic Pro Gold Package: $1300
Xpel Ultimate Plus PPF: $2925 (lots of extra coverage areas)
Xpel Prime XR Plus (full tint, including 70% on windshield): $575
ClearPlex for Windshield: $300

This is for work being completed in North Scottsdale, AZ

rcliff1

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 tj, 2014 Mustang GT, 2017 Ford F350 Dually, 2020 Diesel Rubicon on order
It’s definitely not a cheap undertaking. Here’s my complete package quote for my new 4xe (if it ever arrives :surprised:):

I also had the clearplex on the windshield, It has saved me from at least 3 cracked windshields. The impacts only left small dings.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK

What areas did you cover with film? I paid $1900 for full front end (everything) + rear flares. Xpel Ultimate Plus PPF. Also N Scottsdale.

Ceramic coatings have gotten more expensive apparently. Granted, more surface area on the Wrangler. I paid ~$800 for my Porsche 3 years ago. gtechniq 7 year. It's probably more expensive now though, and well, big Jeep :)

COJLGirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What areas did you cover with film? I paid $1900 for full front end (everything) + rear flares. Xpel Ultimate Plus PPF. Also N Scottsdale.

Ceramic coatings have gotten more expensive apparently. Granted, more surface area on the Wrangler. I paid ~$800 for my Porsche 3 years ago. gtechniq 7 year. It's probably more expensive now though, and well, big Jeep :)
I'm pretty particular about who does work on my vehicles as the last JLUR I had PPF added to was poorly installed and had to be removed and reinstalled by a competent installer. I'm actually having the following areas covered:

Full hood
Full grille
Full front and rear fender flares
Full front fenders
Front and rear rockers
Full tailgate
Rear quarter window pop-outs (sky-one touch top)
head lamps/ fog lamps
Windshield Surround
Hinges

I had a Ceramic Pro Gold Package installed on my last JLUR and paid $1600. It came with a lifetime warranty and the cost included prepping the paint. Funny thing is, I get why coatings are expensive. What has me scratching my head is why window tint is so expensive. 🤷‍♀️

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I'm pretty particular about who does work on my vehicles as the last JLUR I had PPF added to was poorly installed and had to be removed and reinstalled by a competent installer. I'm actually having the following areas covered:

Full hood
Full grille
Full front and rear fender flares
Full front fenders
Front and rear rockers
Full tailgate
Rear quarter window pop-outs (sky-one touch top)
head lamps/ fog lamps
Windshield Surround
Hinges

I had a Ceramic Pro Gold Package installed on my last JLUR and paid $1600. It came with a lifetime warranty and the cost included prepping the paint. Funny thing is, I get why coatings are expensive. What has me scratching my head is why window tint is so expensive. 🤷‍♀️
Yeah, that's way more (coverage) than me. Price seems on point then. I'm pretty particular as well -- did my entire Gladiator (every panel) in PPF. Had to fully disassemble doors, etc. Believe I paid close to $6500 but that's a TON of surface area lol.

That tint seemed pretty inexpensive, ha. Pretty sure I paid $900 for tint. 3m Crystalline.
Sponsored