First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
Looking for recommendation for dealer service in Central VA (Richmond / Midlothian / Henrico). Specific need is for flashing to finish work done at home. Curious if anyone has had this done and if it went smoothly (e.g. were they happy to take the $ just for the flash without any gripes vs. giving grief for not having full service done). Thx. Considering taser too but asking for dealer experience up front for comparison.
Sponsored

YellowJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Looking for recommendation for dealer service in Central VA (Richmond / Midlothian / Henrico). Specific need is for flashing to finish work done at home. Curious if anyone has had this done and if it went smoothly (e.g. were they happy to take the $ just for the flash without any gripes vs. giving grief for not having full service done). Thx. Considering taser too but asking for dealer experience up front for comparison.
Realize this is old, but I would be curious as well. The one on Midlothian turnpike in Midlothian seems a little high.

OP
OP
ddeaver

ddeaver

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
Realize this is old, but I would be curious as well. The one on Midlothian turnpike in Midlothian seems a little high.
I had the work done there, but bailed on doing the install myself (i.e. I had the dealer do the install *and* the flash). I saw the mechanic pull the car into the bay at 8:35 a.m., and I saw him pull it out at 5:40 p.m. I thought the labor cost was in line with that, considering the per-hour labor rates. I'll PM you more details but my experience there was positive. I will have them do some more upgrade work soon since the location is convenient for me.

Other notes:
- I first tried getting an email response via the dealer service email link, but that didn't work (no response). I will follow up with them because that was the only mild negative. I ended up just going in and talking to the service guy and telling him what I wanted. We sorted out the details and scheduled the appt. the same day.
- I had also tried the local dealer on Broad Street, via phone. The guy I talked to was super nice, but said he couldn't do the work because the option wasn't enabled in the VIN. I wasn't up for pursuing it beyond that, but I give them props for being courteous and trying to help on the phone call.
Sponsored