Central Jeep in Raynham MA

loudog3114

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 WK CRD, 1990 YJ, 1978 911SC, 2002 Land Cruiser, 2016 BMW i3
Anyone have any experience with these guys? I have been shopping around a monthly payment on a lease everywhere from Criswell to my local places, and it seems like these guys are somehow far cheaper than the compeition. They gave me a quote on my rubi build of 281 a month on a 36 month lease, 10k miles, 10k down. The closest I found to that was 350 a month on the same deal. Wanted to see if anyone has dealt with these guys before and if they try and pull some bait and switch stuff or what.
Sponsored

MDub51

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Subaru STI
Anyone have any experience with these guys? I have been shopping around a monthly payment on a lease everywhere from Criswell to my local places, and it seems like these guys are somehow far cheaper than the compeition. They gave me a quote on my rubi build of 281 a month on a 36 month lease, 10k miles, 10k down. The closest I found to that was 350 a month on the same deal. Wanted to see if anyone has dealt with these guys before and if they try and pull some bait and switch stuff or what.

I'm in NH and looking to lease as well. I've made some preliminary emails to Criswell, but haven't had them give me a quote yet. I've seen Central Jeep in some search results and their offers do look tempting, but I was worried about a bait and switch too. Did Criswell give you numbers for a Residual on a 2020 as well as a MF? Interested to see if they inflated the MF to makeup for the reduced invoice cost.

The one thing I would caution you against is putting 10k down on a lease. That's a massive gamble on a lease as it's money you will never see again. It's not a good idea to put money down to decrease monthly payments, if that is indeed your goal.

OP
OP

loudog3114

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why is it a gamble, though? It's not like it's a variable APR. Just curious why you think that.

As far as pricing, not sure what MF is bit they seem to be coming in lower than invoice pricing on my lease.

MDub51

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Subaru STI
Why is it a gamble, though? It's not like it's a variable APR. Just curious why you think that.

As far as pricing, not sure what MF is bit they seem to be coming in lower than invoice pricing on my lease.

There are several reasons not to put a large or really any down payment on a lease, but probably the most important one is that if the vehicle is lost or totalled that down payment is not protected, even by gap insurance. You essentially forfeit that money.

Some other good points here: https://www.edmunds.com/car-leasing/should-you-make-a-down-payment-when-you-lease.html

What was the MSRP and the final cost, before taxes?

OP
OP

loudog3114

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There are several reasons not to put a large or really any down payment on a lease, but probably the most important one is that if the vehicle is lost or totalled that down payment is not protected, even by gap insurance. You essentially forfeit that money.

Some other good points here: https://www.edmunds.com/car-leasing/should-you-make-a-down-payment-when-you-lease.html

What was the MSRP and the final cost, before taxes?
Interesting. I had not thought about the total loss aspect. I will certainly take that into consideration. Here is the invoice and my cost. Seems like a good deal to me.

Attachments

Sponsored

MDub51

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Subaru STI
Interesting. I had not thought about the total loss aspect. I will certainly take that into consideration. Here is the invoice and my cost. Seems like a good deal to me.
Looks like you uploaded the quote from Putnam in CT, which shows an offer 6% MSRP. Would you mind uploading the offers from Raynham and Criswell? I'm really interested to see how those compare. Also, you should ask them what money factory (MF) they are using. While Residual Value is set by the banks and can't be manipulated by dealerships, the money factor can be inflated by the dealerships to increase profits. The money factor is essentially the APR on a lease.

Also, if you haven't gotten a quote from Mark Fitzpatrick, id' recommend doing so. He was offering 6% below invoice before the New Year, not sure if that's still the case.

OP
OP

loudog3114

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The quote is from putnam but Central Jeep is buying it from them and selling to me for the price in marker there. I don't yet have anything from Criswell. I was talking to Leon but he seemed to indicate that they can't give very good deals off invoice with leases. He said if I were to finance, I would get up to 9% off invoice.

Mark never answered my email... both to his gmail and to the dealership itself. Not sure what is going on there...

EDIT: This deal is not done so I really hope nobody jumps in on it on me...

MDub51

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Subaru STI
The quote is from putnam but Central Jeep is buying it from them and selling to me for the price in marker there. I don't yet have anything from Criswell. I was talking to Leon but he seemed to indicate that they can't give very good deals off invoice with leases. He said if I were to finance, I would get up to 9% off invoice.

Mark never answered my email... both to his gmail and to the dealership itself. Not sure what is going on there...

EDIT: This deal is not done so I really hope nobody jumps in on it on me...

Gotcha! I messed up my previous math since I thought they were quoting you MSRP, but they were indeed quoting you invoice, which is great. A lot of dealerships aren't transparent about that. The quote you got is roughly 3% below invoice, which isn't bad, but I feel like you could do a little better.

It took a couple days for Mark to respond to my first email but once we got the ball rolling, he was very responsive. I would recommend calling. From what I have seen on here, he could still very well offer you close to 6% below invoice. I'd also try to get some numbers out of Leon just to see where they are at. But ya, that quote is reasonable, but you could be leaving some money on the table by not grabbing a couple more quotes.

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I drove down to Crisswell from New Hampshire to get mine. Sticker on mine was $57,160 and I paid $49,300 plus fees . Sounds like there’s a lot more money on the table for you to go grab.

shutamouth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
I drove down to Crisswell from New Hampshire to get mine. Sticker on mine was $57,160 and I paid $49,300 plus fees . Sounds like there’s a lot more money on the table for you to go grab.
Did this as well but on a sport. For me, the trip was worth the time and money. Good Luck.

Sponsored

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Did this as well but on a sport. For me, the trip was worth the time and money. Good Luck.
I know but I wish I could find a dealer in the Northeast that would come close to them on pricing because I’m in the market for another one and I really don’t wanna drive all the way down there if I can help it.

MDub51

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Subaru STI
Was this on a lease or buy?

shutamouth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Was this on a lease or buy?
On second thought, I might not drive south to get a lease. Between picking it up and returning it, that’s 1000 miles...

MDub51

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Subaru STI
On second thought, I might not drive south to get a lease. Between picking it up and returning it, that’s 1000 miles...
You can return a lease to any Jeep dealership, with a few exceptions. Doesn't have to be the dealer you bought it from. Also, if you wanted to preserve the mileage, you can go down and complete the paperwork and pay to have it brought back home on a flatbed.

Demonic

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
I ordered my Rubicon from them, and they were also able to get me lower than credit union rate financing. My Jeep took half a year from when I ordered to when Jeep delivered, which wasn’t there fault at all, and they were good about keeping me in the loop. No issues with them. Their finance room push for add-ons and extended warranties was a hard sell and the finance guy wasn’t too happy that I sat there and just flatly said no thanks to everything, but aside from that no issues. It was an hour drive, so I still go to my local dealer for any service.
Sponsored