Sponsored

Central Florida Jeep Dealer Opinions?

exrub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL, 2014 JKU, and a few others
Good afternoon!

Sorry. New to Central Florida from Mid-Atlantic. I noticed a couple of Jeep dealership pros and cons here. The nearest one for me is Napleton. Thinking of ordering a new Jeep Wrangler once we close on our house and was hoping to get some honest thoughts from folks with experiences at Central Florida Jeep dealerships. I saw some good postings about Lakelands and Orlando.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Malone

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JKUR
Good afternoon!

Sorry. New to Central Florida from Mid-Atlantic. I noticed a couple of Jeep dealership pros and cons here. The nearest one for me is Napleton. Thinking of ordering a new Jeep Wrangler once we close on our house and was hoping to get some honest thoughts from folks with experiences at Central Florida Jeep dealerships. I saw some good postings about Lakelands and Orlando.

Thanks!
Unfortunately Central Florida (Orlando market) is not the best place to buy a Jeep - at least from a pricing standpoint. Lakeland is the closest one with any sort of competitive pricing. I have purchased 2 Wranglers in recent years and shopped all the local dealerships. Ended up going out of state to a volume dealership for the one I currently am waiting on @ 4% below invoice.

OP
OP

exrub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unfortunately Central Florida (Orlando market) is not the best place to buy a Jeep - at least from a pricing standpoint. Lakeland is the closest one with any sort of competitive pricing. I have purchased 2 Wranglers in recent years and shopped all the local dealerships. Ended up going out of state to a volume dealership for the one I currently am waiting on @ 4% below invoice.
Bummer! Had access to volume dealerships where I was. Came down here and need to start over building rapport with dealerships. Don't want to go far for small difference if local ones offer discounts. LOL

Thanks for your response.

KevinC11

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Willys, 2023 JT Mojave
Occupation
Gunsmith/EMT
Mike at Lakeland CDJR. This is about the only one in the state that will be competitive with Grupton, Koons and others out of state. I did the same as you and shopped around the Central Florida area. Everyone, I mean everyone, told me to pound sand on anything under MSRP.

Don't waste your time shopping around, you will only get frustrated.

KevinC

Sponsored

Malone

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JKUR
Mike at Lakeland CDJR. This is about the only one in the state that will be competitive with Grupton, Koons and others out of state. I did the same as you and shopped around the Central Florida area. Everyone, I mean everyone, told me to pound sand on anything under MSRP.

Don't waste your time shopping around, you will only get frustrated.

KevinC
Good counsel!

OP
OP

exrub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Really appreciate your inputs. As I normally give the local dealer an opportunity, even though I may end up as you suggested, I will have to see what they say first. Thank you!

rriglesias

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sahara Altitude
I called almost every dealer in FL, IMHO don’t waste your time. Only competitive price was with Mike P- Lakeland, found via this forum. Next, distance wise would be Mall of GA @ Buford, last DC area- and use Amtrak vehicle service up to Sanford, FL. Good luck!

OP
OP

exrub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I called almost every dealer in FL, IMHO don’t waste your time. Only competitive price was with Mike P- Lakeland, found via this forum. Next, distance wise would be Mall of GA @ Buford, last DC area- and use Amtrak vehicle service up to Sanford, FL. Good luck!
Thanks, Raymond. I brought two vehicles down via Auto Train on two different trips. Another horror story in itself. :LOL:

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
Really appreciate your inputs. As I normally give the local dealer an opportunity, even though I may end up as you suggested, I will have to see what they say first. Thank you!
When you're comparing quotes just be aware that Lakeland charges something like 2-3% of invoice in extra fees.

Sponsored

GatorWrangler

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR XR
When you're comparing quotes just be aware that Lakeland charges something like 2-3% of invoice in extra fees.
I think it's about $1,250 in fees. They do take affiliate rewards. Rough math probably ~700-800 or so more than other places in fees. For me the convenience of still being in Florida and also the benefit if I ever needed to make a lemon law claim I wanted to purchase in the same state. Both made it worth giving up that roughly 1.x%-ish. If I lived in Orlando it would probably be a no brainer to use Lakeland.

PAINKILLER

First Name
Dwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet 2500HD, 2022 Wrangler JL Ordered
I live in the Bradenton/Sarasota area and have to agree with the posts above. Unfortunately the Florida dealers do not want to be competitive. The dealers I went to laughed when I told them I wanted under invoice as I have seen advertised elsewhere. Really didn't want to go under MSRP and act like they are doing you a favor at that. Not to mention stuck in the old school dealer haggling mentality. I would prefer to order out of state and get a better deal with lower fees and no haggling. I will drive for that. I did contact Lakeland but Mike never returned my email so figured they didn't want or need my business.

Ended up ordering mine from Gupton like many others. Don't regret my decision at all.

JDJL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L 6spd
+1 for Mike P at Lakeland CDJR. I live in Orlando and I shopped around at 4 local and 2 out-of-state dealerships. Lakeland was the only FL dealer that I found that took the Treadlightly discount. When I purchased my Jeep in early 2020 there wasn't a huge price difference between what Mike offered and what the 2 high volume dealers up north were offering. Not sure what the difference is now, but he's the guy if you want to buy locally in FL.

Yes as others have mentioned, the FL doc fees are insane and they're non-negotiable. It was $999 when I purchased, which essentially negated the Treadlightly 1% discount (~$500). But he still had the best price in FL, so it was a no-brainer.