Centering the steering wheel

Category5Bronado

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Did some wheeling this weekend and now my steering wheel is slightly off center. The Jeep still tracks straight. Would I be ok just centering the steering wheel by adjusting the draglink? Ideally I’d like to get an alignment but I won’t be able to for a few days and I have a distance to travel.
2020 JLUR. Stock suspension / steering.
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Did some wheeling this weekend and now my steering wheel is slightly off center. The Jeep still tracks straight. Would I be ok just centering the steering wheel by adjusting the draglink? Ideally I’d like to get an alignment but I won’t be able to for a few days and I have a distance to travel.
2020 JLUR. Stock suspension / steering.
Yes, just simply extend the drag link to move the steering wheel to the left or shorten it to move right.

The factory steering linkages are constructed of thin-walled tubing and they even skimped with crimped end instead of properly welding them. They are prone to flexing and distortion. Same goes for track bars and control arms.

TreyJK

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon, 1979 CJ5, 1979 J20
I’m having the same issue. Even so far as to have my traction control light come on the dash. The freaking thing has 4,000 miles on it and now the dealer just told me that “the warranty only covers alignments up to 3,000 miles” and they want $150 for it. If it’s anywhere as easy as my old JK then I’ll just do it myself…

Fuel Fire Desire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 2020 JT Sport
Jeep designed the steering to be easily user serviceable. I did many driveway alignments in my JK after rough wheeling trips. Have only done it once with the JL. Very simple to do, no special tools required. Just a box end wrench, a pair of slip joints, and a tape measure.
Sponsored