jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I installed Rubi suspension and 3/4" spacer on my Sport recently. Now I think I need to adjust the drag link to center the steering wheel. But it's not as easy as it looks in the videos to find where the new center point is. My wheel has some slight play (maybe an inch) so it can drive straight with the wheel centered right now but I don't think the wheel is truly centered.
By my understanding, lifting should have effectively shortened the drag link, pulling the wheels to the left and forcing me to correct to the right when driving. I *think* it feels like that when driving but it's so slight that it's not obvious and could just be road crown.
My wheels don't move instantly on turning the steering wheel (slight play) so it's hard to tell where the wheel should be centered.
Any suggestions? Should I just take to an alignment shop?
Sponsored

FirecrackerRedJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Just go have it dont with someone who knows what they’re doing. Yes you can adjust/centering wheel without alignment being done however being a sport to rubicon with spacers I’m sure there’s some slight toe adjustment that’s needed also.

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
Occupation
Part of the Northridge4x4 team

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Just go have it dont with someone who knows what they’re doing. Yes you can adjust/centering wheel without alignment being done however being a sport to rubicon with spacers I’m sure there’s some slight toe adjustment that’s needed also.
Well really if his toe was good before the lift and he didn't adjust the tie rod the toe will still be good. Both are really easy to adjust yourself. No need to pay someone.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
It’s one of the easier things we can do to our jeeps. You’ll need a 15mm wrench and a helper makes it quicker. Park the Jeep where it’s going straight forward. Loosen the 15mm on the drag link and turn the silver collar until your helper tells you the wheel is straight. Tighten up the 15mm nut. Test drive and make sure it’s where you want it. Adjust as needed.

I’d consider looking into caster correction too.

Brett
Sponsored