Mandalorian

First Name
MANDALORIAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU SPORT
Clubs

This weekend after 2yrs and 40k miles The clutch has begin slipping. It has taken some major abuse and I decided with the amount of times I've smoked the clutch it probably has closer to 100k miles on it :/

Ive had the issue with not going into gear and poor shifting since last summer. I thought it was something to do with the heating of the hydraulic fluid but it seems that is not the case.

I would still recommend this clutch to others. But would not recommend letting me drive it.

Anyone use the south bend clutch yet? I searched it on this forum but couldn't find any good info.

I will decide today if I'm buying the newer version of the CF clutch or getting the south bend so I can compare the 2. I did notice the CF clutch comes with a lot more parts then my version did.
Sponsored

BuyHold

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Dr Rubi, '23 JTM
This weekend after 2yrs and 40k miles The clutch has begin slipping. It has taken some major abuse and I decided with the amount of times I've smoked the clutch it probably has closer to 100k miles on it :/

Ive had the issue with not going into gear and poor shifting since last summer. I thought it was something to do with the heating of the hydraulic fluid but it seems that is not the case.

I would still recommend this clutch to others. But would not recommend letting me drive it.

Anyone use the south bend clutch yet? I searched it on this forum but couldn't find any good info.

I will decide today if I'm buying the newer version of the CF clutch or getting the south bend so I can compare the 2. I did notice the CF clutch comes with a lot more parts then my version did.
Could you clarify which clutch you are currently running? I am guessing CF... and if that is the case is it dual friction or the II?

Canjeeper

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Good luck

Good luck trying to find info on a flywheel and weight from Southbend . unless things have changed .

OP
OP
Mandalorian

Mandalorian

First Name
MANDALORIAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU SPORT
Clubs

Could you clarify which clutch you are currently running? I am guessing CF... and if that is the case is it dual friction or the II?
Yes it is CF. Dual friction at the time it was the only aftermarket for for the JL

OP
OP
Mandalorian

Mandalorian

First Name
MANDALORIAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU SPORT
Clubs

Good luck

Good luck trying to find info on a flywheel and weight from Southbend . unless things have changed .
Agreed. Their own website doesn’t even give a description. I purchased the CF clutch from summit racing. They said they could have it to me in 1-3 days👍
Sponsored