Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
  • Banned
Had my clutch replaced a few months ago with a Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch. Rides great but recently I started hearing this weird "moaning", "baby chewbacca" like sound. It only happens when I'm in first gear, clutch pedal to the floor, slowly start to release the clutch while giving it gas. Right before I lift my foot completely off the clutch is when the sound occurs.

It doesn't happen every time but I'm worried this noise is going to become progressively worse.

I googled "clutch groan" and it pulls back quite a few results that include a multitude of different car makes that are all standard transmissions. I called Centerforce and since I cant capture the noise on video they don't think there is anything they can do for me and told me to not be concerned with the noise.

See below for a video from another vehicle making the exact same noise I am experiencing under the same conditions.

I literally can't find a solution for this, have any of you ever experienced this? Any recommendations? I've contact transmission shops, the dealership and NO ONE knows what it can be .....
Sponsored

OP
OP

HeavyUser

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
  • Banned
I sprayed out the bellhousing real good with a pressure washer and the noise was non existent for about 3 weeks. The clutch groan, moan, scrape noise happened again today much loader then anytime before. I tried to replicate it while taking video and I could not get it to happen.

Any ideas?

OP
OP

HeavyUser

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
  • Banned
Was finally able to capture the sound on video, see below

I believe the noise may be weather related. It seems the colder it gets outside the easier it is to replicate the noise. This is 100% coming from the clutch as I can oscillate the noise depending on where my foot is on the clutch, as soon as my foot is off the clutch pedal no more noise.

Edit: I was talking to another member on here that apparently has experienced the same issue with their Centerforce clutch.
Sponsored