Sponsored
First Name
Brian-Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 6SPEED
They mentioned to me that I was the first to report an issue with the Dual Friction Clutch but they did say that the Centerforce II Clutch was having the same issue I was experiencing as well but they fixed it with a new revision.

I just went on their site and it looks like they pulled all of the JL Clutches from what I can see?!
I noticed it was pulled on their site as well. I have the dual friction one myself. I just emailed CF so letā€™s see what they say. Iā€™m hoping itā€™s just the clutch itself and Iā€™m good with the flywheel I have at least. Regardless I just want this fixed. I feel lucky at least my stock one has no issues as of yet and that itā€™s not my daily driver. However I feel bad for anyone who only uses this one car as their daily. Itā€™s a headache for sure and paying labour twice isnā€™t nice lol

I didnā€™t care for the diesel back then since there was no manual in the works as well and I liked the longevity and tried and tested 3.6. Who would have thought so many issues with the most simple transmission a manual one lol šŸ¤¦šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø
Sponsored

HeavyUser

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I200% don't look forward to paying for labor when the replacement comes in -_-

They also advised me that the replacement is taking so long because they have to redesign the clutch from the ground up including a new fly wheel, again from what I was told.

First Name
Brian-Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I200% don't look forward to paying for labor when the replacement comes in -_-

They also advised me that the replacement is taking so long because they have to redesign the clutch from the ground up including a new fly wheel, again from what I was told.

Oh god, šŸ¤¦šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ™„.... wonderful. I guess Iā€™m lucky I havenā€™t installed mine. Iā€™m definitely worried about CFā€™s response. Letā€™s see how their customer service is now. Realistically we should be sent this free of charge. You know Centerforce has always been great, had them on my old Mustang and never had issues. Just seeing how this is a mess they really better step up and own this and not give us grief. Sorry about your issues as well. Really such a disappoint when paying a premium for an aftermarket upgrade when it ends up being a complete failure.

Willing&Able

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Clubs

Their customer service has been good, but that only goes so far. My stock clutch was burning bad - feathering it up an incline (driveway) and you could smell it.

Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be any competition on aftermarket clutches either..

First Name
Brian-Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Their customer service has been good, but that only goes so far. My stock clutch was burning bad - feathering it up an incline (driveway) and you could smell it.

Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be any competition on aftermarket clutches either..

Thatā€™s unfortunate about your stock clutch. Itā€™s true, I donā€™t see any true competition out there in regards to our JL clutches. Did you already have your in the dealer to do the recall and see if theyā€™re getting you a new clutch? Mine hasnā€™t had these problems but I also donā€™t ever ride the clutch. Not saying you do but Iā€™m just so used to quick engagements but I also only have 12,000 kmā€™s on mine (Canadian).

Iā€™m happy to hear your experience has been good with Centerforce customer service. Iā€™m hoping they email me back with positive news on a replacement sent free of charge when the revised version comes out.

Sponsored

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase

If your clutch is slipping on an inclined driveway try 4 low. It wonā€™t slip.

Willing&Able

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Clubs

Thatā€™s unfortunate about your stock clutch. Itā€™s true, I donā€™t see any true competition out there in regards to our JL clutches. Did you already have your in the dealer to do the recall and see if theyā€™re getting you a new clutch? Mine hasnā€™t had these problems but I also donā€™t ever ride the clutch. Not saying you do but Iā€™m just so used to quick engagements but I also only have 12,000 kmā€™s on mine (Canadian).

Iā€™m happy to hear your experience has been good with Centerforce customer service. Iā€™m hoping they email me back with positive news on a replacement sent free of charge when the revised version comes out.
I took it to three dealerships. All three just tried bleeding the MC, some for hours. I think that is more of the problem than the clutch itself. It's a cheap piece of finicky plastic. One even worked with me despite having the CF clutch, so kudos to them.

First Name
Brian-Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I took it to three dealerships. All three just tried bleeding the MC, some for hours. I think that is more of the problem than the clutch itself. It's a cheap piece of finicky plastic. One even worked with me despite having the CF clutch, so kudos to them.

I was a sales manger in dealers for years. I feel you on this. Some dealers are amazing and step it up a notch while others truly are just out to rob you. Iā€™ve even had coworkers pretend to do warranty work on my car that was never done, this is a common thing to generate money while stealing it from head office for warranty work which isnā€™t actually completed. Just like anything bad eggs ruin it for all of us.

I genuinely love my Rubicon, I love the manual. I just want it fixed and want to stop hearing these issues with the clutch. Itā€™s funny how the JKā€™s never had this issue but JLā€™s everyone brags about how great the 8 speed auto is and the manual is just whatever lol

Even the weld issues on the frame, when I first saw this I literally was underneath my Jeep looking at every weld and I got lucky.

The only issue Iā€™ve personally had is It not starting, and Iā€™m sure itā€™s the clutch interlock switch. I disconnected it smacked it and boom it starts right away. I feel bad for the daily drivers out there with these issues. I even contemplated trading mine in for the Diesel but I literally love the manual and prefer the reliable 3.6. Sorry for the rant but I guess itā€™s just venting out the frustrations.

I hope CF comes back with an amazing clutch and sends me a replacement as well.

This is a chance for Centerforce to step up and really make a great solution here and help the ones who purchased the defective clutch pack and flywheel first!

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I'm curious to hear more. I installed mine (dual Friction) in April and it's got around 15k miles on it now and it's been wonderful. Maybe they changed to an inferior material after building mine?

Sponsored

First Name
Brian-Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm curious to hear more. I installed mine (dual Friction) in April and it's got around 15k miles on it now and it's been wonderful. Maybe they changed to an inferior material after building mine?

It seems to be mixed reviews. Some good and some bad. When did you purchase yours? I wonder if itā€™s mostly a Centerforce II issue or both dual friction and Centerforce II clutches.

How do you like the heavyweight flywheel? Drivability and all? I know if itā€™s not broken in properly thatā€™s also an issue. There definitely is a problem as one of the users here mentioned and itā€™s also pulled from their website now. Iā€™m really glad youā€™re ha isnā€™t no issues though, I hope it stays that way!

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
It seems to be mixed reviews. Some good and some bad. When did you purchase yours? I wonder if itā€™s mostly a Centerforce II issue or both dual friction and Centerforce II clutches.

How do you like the heavyweight flywheel? Drivability and all? I know if itā€™s not broken in properly thatā€™s also an issue. There definitely is a problem as one of the users here mentioned and itā€™s also pulled from their website now. Iā€™m really glad youā€™re ha isnā€™t no issues though, I hope it stays that way!
Bought mine in March or April, dual Friction. The heavy Flywheel is magical. Makes the 3.6 feel like the torquey 4.0. You can take off and row your gears up to about 30 mph without ever touching the gas pedal. Near impossible to stall even with stock gears and 37s. Unless your a speed demon, no need for a Hemi

First Name
Brian-Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bought mine in March or April, dual Friction. The heavy Flywheel is magical. Makes the 3.6 feel like the torquey 4.0. You can take off and row your gears up to about 30 mph without ever touching the gas pedal. Near impossible to stall even with stock gears and 37s. Unless your a speed demon, no need for a Hemi

Thatā€™s absolutely amazing! I miss the 4.0, I bought mine May 10th and received it about several weeks after. Itā€™s also the dual friction. Iā€™m so happy you enjoyed it and that your la is doing well! You saw the video of the other user here with the white Jeep and that god awful noise from take off šŸ˜ whatever that is wow thatā€™s terrible.

I have to say Iā€™m excited for the fix and to finally get mine installed. I love that youā€™re liking it on 37ā€™s as well!

First Name
Brian-Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Centerforce Clutch Installed on JL Rubicon 1609786284602

Just received this today. Apparently ONLY the clutch and clutch disc are going to be updated in the new batch. They mentioned many are experiencing zero issues.

HeavyUser

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Apparently ONLY the clutch and clutch disc are going to be updated in the new batch.
I read through the newsletter you received and I can't seem to find where they state the issue was with the clutch disk specifically.
Sponsored