Sponsored

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I would be inclined to agree with you but multiple people have this same issue :/ and Centerforce has confirmed after watching my video that this sound is the same sound that has been reported to them by others.

According to them they will have a fix sometime in March.
I had forgotten your past posts and how many miles you had run before the noise developed.
Sponsored

First Name
Brian-Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 6SPEED
Hey guys,

I feel pretty upset here. I bought this clutch:

(Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch and Flywheel Kit For 2018+ Jeep Gladiator JT & Wrangler JL 2 Door & Unlimited 4 Door Models KDF157077)

Got it back in May 2020. Although I do feel happy I haven’t installed it yet. Going from clutch issues to now issues with this one I feel lost. Most people realistically don’t want to tear apart a brand new car installing major stuff. She’s a garage queen and sits in my garage and isn’t winter driven (lots of now here some winters in Canada). I drive her hard though in the summer and haven’t even had the recall completed yet. No slip issues or anything weird... yet...

I just want a damn reliable problem free manual Jeep. Is that too much to ask for haha?

Im going to have to email Centerforce and let them know I need the updated part as I’m definitely not installing this now.

Glad to have you guys here otherwise I never would have ever known about your issues. Thank you all for sharing!

vasil

First Name
Very_cool_Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jl rubicon 2018
Centerforce installed mine clutch on October and everything works super good :)

Sponsored

First Name
Brian-Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That’s amazing, I wonder if some people are just not having it installed properly or also not broken in properly. 🤷🏼‍♂️

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
Hey guys,

I feel pretty upset here. I bought this clutch:

(Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch and Flywheel Kit For 2018+ Jeep Gladiator JT & Wrangler JL 2 Door & Unlimited 4 Door Models KDF157077)

Got it back in May 2020. Although I do feel happy I haven’t installed it yet. Going from clutch issues to now issues with this one I feel lost. Most people realistically don’t want to tear apart a brand new car installing major stuff. She’s a garage queen and sits in my garage and isn’t winter driven (lots of now here some winters in Canada). I drive her hard though in the summer and haven’t even had the recall completed yet. No slip issues or anything weird... yet...

I just want a damn reliable problem free manual Jeep. Is that too much to ask for haha?

Im going to have to email Centerforce and let them know I need the updated part as I’m definitely not installing this now.

Glad to have you guys here otherwise I never would have ever known about your issues. Thank you all for sharing!
What clutch issues have you had with the stock clutch? I haven’t had any or read of any problems except the air issue that the recall addressed.

First Name
Brian-Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What clutch issues have you had with the stock clutch? I haven’t had any or read of any problems except the air issue that the recall addressed.
Personally I haven’t had any issues in drivability. The only issue in general with the manual has been the clutch interlock switch that failed. It just wouldn’t start but when I disconnected that switch and that reinstalled it boom it started up no issues.

I purchased the Centerforce clutch before as wanting a genuine upgrade vs the stock clutch. Off roading is much more difficult with such a light clutch. The heavy weight flywheel is what makes off roading much easier. It seems some people are happy while others have weird noise issues with it.

HeavyUser

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
[/QUOTE]
That’s amazing, I wonder if some people are just not having it installed properly or also not broken in properly. 🤷🏼‍♂️
It has nothing to do with negligence. Centerforce has stated their clutch is defective and they will be releasing an updated clutch in April/May.

The clutches have also been pulled from retailers until the fix is released.

Willing&Able

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 392 20th Anniversary
Clubs

But that is after having it in and out of the their own shop multiple times with multiple clutches, etc.
I've been in the same boat with multiple clutches and installs. First install it was very difficult to get into gear. After working w CF we seem to get a combination of parts that worked well. It ran great for a few thousand miles and is starting to act up. It will have a very mild 'shudder' from a stop at times (i.e. when stopped on an incline) and occasionally it will have difficulty shifting into a gear.

I understand an improved version or MC is in the works for the spring.

Sponsored

HeavyUser

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
But that is after having it in and out of the their own shop multiple times with multiple clutches, etc.
Thank you for clarifying that, the way it was coming across from his post was that everything was great yet we know that was not his experience in the beginning as he was very vocal about his issues with the Centerforce clutch installed on his vehicle.

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
Personally I haven’t had any issues in drivability. The only issue in general with the manual has been the clutch interlock switch that failed. It just wouldn’t start but when I disconnected that switch and that reinstalled it boom it started up no issues.

I purchased the Centerforce clutch before as wanting a genuine upgrade vs the stock clutch. Off roading is much more difficult with such a light clutch. The heavy weight flywheel is what makes off roading much easier. It seems some people are happy while others have weird noise issues with it.
I only asked because your post made it seem as though there is some reliability issue with the stock setup. There isn’t any reliability issue that I’m aware of. I do recognize some people find it a bit light.

First Name
Brian-Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

It has nothing to do with negligence. Centerforce has stated their clutch is defective and they will be releasing an updated clutch in April/May.

The clutches have also been pulled from retailers until the fix is released.
[/QUOTE]
Do you know if this is for both or just the dual friction?

First Name
Brian-Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you all for posting in here. Again if I didn’t see this I would of just wasted time and money and more money from time off installing something that now apparently has issues. I’ll have to email CF and see what they say since mine is brand new in the box uninstalled.

HeavyUser

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Do you know if this is for both or just the dual friction?
They mentioned to me that I was the first to report an issue with the Dual Friction Clutch but they did say that the Centerforce II Clutch was having the same issue I was experiencing as well but they fixed it with a new revision.

I just went on their site and it looks like they pulled all of the JL Clutches from what I can see?!
Sponsored