EMS

First Name
michael
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport
...I can't help but to giggle a bit. I also watch the thread regarding the recall on the grenades disguised as OEM clutches. There is no way in hell my Jeep will ever go back to a dealership to get that new FW, or I guess for any service for that matter since they are obligated to push it regardless of what you need serviced.
Advertisement

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Rubicon Mojito!
I’m thinking of getting the center force too.
We don’t have to get the recall if we put the CF in right? As long as it is documented that is was taken care of?
Min just wondering the cost to install.

EMS

First Name
michael
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport
We don’t have to get the recall if we put the CF in right? As long as it is documented that is was taken care of?
I'm fairly sure they need to perform the FW upgrade to consider the recall cleared. The dealership will likely argue that the FW does no harm even if an aftermarket clutch is installed. I personally have no interest in getting the new FW. I've changed so much on this vehicle that it is barely still considered an FCA product.

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Rubicon Mojito!
I'm fairly sure they need to perform the FW upgrade to consider the recall cleared. The dealership will likely argue that the FW does no harm even if an aftermarket clutch is installed. I personally have no interest in getting the new FW. I've changed so much on this vehicle that it is barely still considered an FCA product.
Well I suppose it can’t do any harm but I guess I’ll have to ask a jeep shop about that. If I do have the CF installed may be best use a jeep shop instead of the dealer

Last edited:

Toycrusher

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
The CF install eliminates all the troubled parts

kgrencer

First Name
Kelly
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys
Anyone else notice Centerforce pulled the JL clutches from their website all together?.......

EMS

First Name
michael
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport
Anyone else notice Centerforce pulled the JL clutches from their website all together?.......
Out of stock until August or so. I spoke with a rep recently and he said the demand has outpaced supply ever since the new recall was issued.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Out of stock until August or so. I spoke with a rep recently and he said the demand has outpaced supply ever since the new recall was issued.
Hopefully they get caught up. I plan to use my stock clutch to the end of its life then join the Centerforce family.
My clutch works fine and I would’ve normally just put another factory clutch when it’s time but they refuse to admit these current clutches are a little too light duty and it doesn’t seem they’re going to beef them up so.....

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Hopefully they get caught up. I plan to use my stock clutch to the end of its life then join the Centerforce family.
My clutch works fine and I would’ve normally just put another factory clutch when it’s time but they refuse to admit these current clutches are a little too light duty and it doesn’t seem they’re going to beef them up so.....
I've been following along for a while now, and this is exactly my game plan. I got the first clutch recall done but I'm just not 100% happy with the way the OEM clutch behaves. it's got weird engagement points and Just feels really light, like there is no range- It's just on/off and any sort of gradual engagement is not possible unless you're really slipping it.

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
Today, June 14, 2021, the Centerforce website lists nothing for this model year. You pick 2021, and for "Select Make" it just gives you a blank white rectangle. If you pick 2020 for the year, it lets you pick Jeep, Wrangler, Sport, and the only item they list is:

601812 - Centerforce Accessories, Clutch Slave Cylinder

Likewise for 2020, 2019, and 2018 choosing anything that isn't a JK.

It appears they isn't interested in selling no clutches to nobody is delivering no babies Miss Scarlet.

I hope I didn't let too much smoke out of mine today. Even though the 2021 model supposedly solved some of these issues, I'm fearful that I am about to experience a grenade situation. 😕

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Well Centerforce has to step up to the plate too. If my clutch were to give up the ghost today I’m certainly not planning to leave the Jeep in my garage for 6 months waiting for parts.
Do we have other options besides OEM and Centerforce?

OldGuyNewJeep

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Advertisement

Winjet

Advertisement