Sponsored

OrneryBear

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Sarge JLUR 6spd
did you have to drop the transmission? need a lift?
I'm pretty sure I've seen shots of someone who did it without fully dropping the trans and it was just moved back away from the engine, not sure what they did. I've never done a clutch without just fully pulling the transmission.
Sponsored

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I'm pretty sure I've seen shots of someone who did it without fully dropping the trans and it was just moved back away from the engine, not sure what they did. I've never done a clutch without just fully pulling the transmission.
There is enough slack in the cables to pull the transmission back and to the side. But other than not disconnecting the cables, it's basically the exact same job.

OrneryBear

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Sarge JLUR 6spd
There is enough slack in the cables to pull the transmission back and to the side. But other than not disconnecting the cables, it's basically the exact same job.
haha ya that doesn't seem worth it to have it still be in the way and risk damaging the cables if it moves too far. I think the picture I saw was from a shop, so they were probably just trying to knock it out asap.

USAFREODRetired

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Just got my 18 JLUR back from the shop after my KCFT install. I definitely like the much improved performance of the transmission, but the clutch pedal is EXTREMELY stiff. As in I feel like I've done a few sets of pistol squats from my daily commute.

Anyone else experience and extremely stiff clutch pedal after installing the CF? Is this going to ease up with break in? Do I need to go back to the installer? TIA

OBJLU

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Just got my 18 JLUR back from the shop after my KCFT install. I definitely like the much improved performance of the transmission, but the clutch pedal is EXTREMELY stiff. As in I feel like I've done a few sets of pistol squats from my daily commute.

Anyone else experience and extremely stiff clutch pedal after installing the CF? Is this going to ease up with break in? Do I need to go back to the installer? TIA
It will ease up alot, just keep driving it, mine was the same now it’s not too much stiffer than stock

Sponsored

USAFREODRetired

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
It will ease up alot, just keep driving it, mine was the same now it’s not too much stiffer than stock
Great to know. I have an offroad teardrop on order and wanted to upgrade my clutch before I start pulling that thing on the trails in the high country. Don't want to grenade my tranny in the backcountry and like the beefier flywheel in the kit to boot.

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
To be honest, It's your leg that adjusts. I only know because I felt like my pedal softened up after a bit of use. Then I started driving my old Ram again which has a fairly soft clutch. Then I jump back in the JL and it feels super stiff again 🤦‍♂️🤣🤣🤣

OBJLU

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
To be honest, It's your leg that adjusts. I only know because I felt like my pedal softened up after a bit of use. Then I started driving my old Ram again which has a fairly soft clutch. Then I jump back in the JL and it feels super stiff again 🤦‍♂️🤣🤣🤣
Haha probably that’s what it is

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Someone is going to wind up with an oversize left leg that offsets their oversize right arm! LOL!

sstuner

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
After 1500 miles since installing the CFII I feel or at least my left foot still needs push on the "man pedal" than the OEM clutch. Overall the CFII is much better than the crappy OEM.

Sponsored

Billyg73

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ5, 2021 wrangler Sahara
I am looking at the ACT JP6 cluth and wondering if you guys have any experience with standard clutch like the ACT vs the Centerforce.?

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I am looking at the ACT JP6 cluth and wondering if you guys have any experience with standard clutch like the ACT vs the Centerforce.?
ACT and Centerforce are both traditional clutches with high-mass flywheels. Night and day improvement from stock

NULL POINTER

First Name
Carmine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Rubicon, '19 VetteZ06 7spdVert,
Occupation
Old Fart
Either one will do the trick. CFII was on my list until ACT came along. CF is more expensive and requires new hydraulics and lots of bleeding.
Sponsored