Sponsored

Center Console USB Wonky -- we know that... however... does the latest Uconnect update fix it? Anyone who has gotten the newest update report in?

Lightguy

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Xtreme Recon Sting Grey
Have we documented Uconnect software versions? I’m on 21.14.14
Sponsored

blink9cd

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Willys
Had several disconnects today from my phone connected to the center console while driving around. Like within 15 minutes each time. Unplugging and plugging at least works. My build was delivered in the last month so I would assume I have the latest version of everything?

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
Had several disconnects today from my phone connected to the center console while driving around. Like within 15 minutes each time. Unplugging and plugging at least works. My build was delivered in the last month so I would assume I have the latest version of everything?
Yep. Most of us with 2021 builds have the same issue.

mopac001

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Sahara Snazzberry
At this point I'm wondering if it's a case of waiting for the 2022s to start rolling out to see if they still have the problem. As far as I know the uConnect and head units aren't changing for 2022 so if it works correctly on the 2022s then we could ask for a replacement of the USB port in the console or the cable - the most likely culprit.

blink9cd

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Willys
Yep. Most of us with 2021 builds have the same issue.
I went to a Jeep meetup today and mentioned to a guy how I was having issues with my phone and the center console USB. He was confused and said he's never had an issue; he's got a 2020. Is this just a 2021 build issue?

Sponsored

jarvis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Manual, 12 Toyota Tundra Rock Warrior
FWIW - my 2019 has the same issue. It’s gotten worse in subsequent iOS updates. I can only use it in the media (front) plug now. Following this thread.

CWRUYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
I went to a Jeep meetup today and mentioned to a guy how I was having issues with my phone and the center console USB. He was confused and said he's never had an issue; he's got a 2020. Is this just a 2021 build issue?
I believe there was a change with the center console USB in the middle of the 2021 model year. I have a JLURD built in March 2021 and haven't had an iPhone issue using the console USB.

Coronado

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Diesel
March 2021 build here and my center console USB isn’t reliable; flakes-out every 15-20 minutes while powering CarPlay. Dash connection points are rock solid.

blink9cd

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Willys
I believe there was a change with the center console USB in the middle of the 2021 model year. I have a JLURD built in March 2021 and haven't had an iPhone issue using the console USB.
That's interesting. So I just found this thread in the similar threads section. It starts in 2019 so I'm now thinking it might not be totally localized to 2021s. In this post someone took apart their center console and plugged everything back in. He reported success, but it sounds like someone else in there tried it and didn't work forever. Anyone try that?

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/2nd-usb-in-center-console.18060/page-2#post-943768

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
I have an early build 2021, built in September 2020 and my center USB is flaky. Anyone with a build after March 2021 that has a reliable center console USB?

Sponsored

CWRUYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD

tykurez

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe, 2021 JT Willys
Just to add another data point here: My 2021 4xe with an Oct build date has the center console issue as well. Dash ports work completely fine, but the center console port drops Carplay consistently and is unusable. Running latest non-beta iOS on an iPhone 13.

mopac001

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Sahara Snazzberry
Just to add another data point here: My 2021 4xe with an Oct build date has the center console issue as well. Dash ports work completely fine, but the center console port drops Carplay consistently and is unusable. Running latest non-beta iOS on an iPhone 13.
It's obvious to so many of us with the application of just a LITTLE COMMON SENSE after reading these 6 pages that something is different about the console port that is causing a problem not present in the dash port. The message I'm getting here is @JeepCares should really be @JeepDOESNTCare because I get asked questions about software levels and iPhone models. IT'S THE CONSOLE PORT OR WIRE GOING TO IT. Jeep just figures all of us have a dash port that works just fine so we should just use that and leave them alone.

Walker Texas Wrangler

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hamburgsolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Rubicon, Previous: '99 TJ Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Just to add some fuel to this. I had been using my iPhone XS Max for over 6 months with no issues at all in the center console. Updated my iPhone to the 13 Pro Max and I am now having issues that others have been experiencing. I'm guessing the newer 12-13 iPhones are drawing more current than the previous ones. At the iPhone 12 they needed to start using chargers that require a power adapter with a minimum power output of 20 watts,

tykurez

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe, 2021 JT Willys
Just to add some fuel to this. I had been using my iPhone XS Max for over 6 months with no issues at all in the center console. Updated my iPhone to the 13 Pro Max and I am now having issues that others have been experiencing. I'm guessing the newer 12-13 iPhones are drawing more current than the previous ones. At the iPhone 12 they needed to start using chargers that require a power adapter with a minimum power output of 20 watts,
That’s definitely interesting. I don’t think it explains people getting drops when using the wireless carplay adapter in the center console rather than the dash but maybe that thing needs more power too?
Sponsored