Sponsored

Center console leaks in a rainstorm, has anyone found a fix?

MrMischief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
After getting stuck in a couple of rainstorms I am now convinced that the center console is not water tight. Previously I wasn't too sure as invariably I'd open the console while in the rain to throw something in it or pull something out, but after yesterday's storms I'm convinced. I never opened it during the rain, but later that day when running into a restaurant I grabbed a mask from out of the console and found it was completely water logged. Pulled everything out and found about 1/4 an inch of water standing in the bottom. The top section of the console seems to be water tight as everything I had in there remained dry, but the lower section is not. RIP to a pack of gum and the manual for my GMRS radio that was in there. Everything else will dry.

Seems to me that it is leaking at the hinge mechanism and flowing down the back, right where the LED light and USB port is. Has anyone else noticed this issue and found a fix? I'm thinking perhaps there is a cover I can get that will offer the hinge area some protection from water intrusion.
Sponsored