thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JlU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Why in the world did Jeep design the front cup holders not to have a removable liner. The rear is removable.. most every vehicle I have owned in the past 10 years had a removable liner. What happens when my top is down and it rains would be nice to dump out the water and roll on. All this being said I love our JL this is a minor complaint but why??:computerrage:
Sponsored

BeerGuyNS

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Occupation
Retail Manager
Vehicle Showcase
That would be handy. I just noticed last night (I've had the jeep for a month) that they light up when you turn on your headlights. Awesome....

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
Why in the world did Jeep design the front cup holders not to have a removable liner. The rear is removable.. most every vehicle I have owned in the past 10 years had a removable liner. What happens when my top is down and it rains would be nice to dump out the water and roll on. All this being said I love our JL this is a minor complaint but why??:computerrage:
Huh, I've never had a car with cup holder liners. Great idea, though.

Cusma

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 keep wrangler
Or you could just use a towel to dry it off or a paper towel. Omg that was such a difficult problem to solve. It's really not that big of a deal to complain about the build if a car when your problem can be solved with a $1 towel from Walmart. Smh

Sponsored

OP
OP
thecritter

thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Or you could just use a towel to dry it off or a paper towel. Omg that was such a difficult problem to solve. It's really not that big of a deal to complain about the build if a car when your problem can be solved with a $1 towel from Walmart. Smh
LMAO OMG Get off your high horse. And think about your response. I gave a very specific example being out and left top down if I left the top down in a rain storm I probably did not think far enough ahead to bring towels... Actually what got my attention was I was cleaning sand out from the beach and was a pain to get all the sand out of the cup holder would have been nice to pull a liner and throw in dishwasher. A Jeep is made to get dirty and have fun in, with all the awesome advancements Jeep has made I was simply pointing out would be a nice addition.

Cusma

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 keep wrangler
LMAO OMG Get off your high horse. And think about your response. I gave a very specific example being out and left top down if I left the top down in a rain storm I probably did not think far enough ahead to bring towels... Actually what got my attention was I was cleaning sand out from the beach and was a pain to get all the sand out of the cup holder would have been nice to pull a liner and throw in dishwasher. A Jeep is made to get dirty and have fun in, with all the awesome advancements Jeep has made I was simply pointing out would be a nice addition.
Do you live in the amazon rain forest that it rains that fast that it will fill the cup up? If sands in the cup holder theres more sand through the jeep go get a vacuum. Some people just aren't satisfied with anything.

If you cant do the above you should be dumping water while driving I dont think your that coordinated to do that.

Btw I was driving with the top off just last sat no doors on and the cup holder didnt overflow on the 3 hours drive :)

OP
OP
thecritter

thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It's called East Texas and yes they can fill up in a few mins lol you yankies don't know what a real thunder storm is :rain::rain: also a Jeep is made to add and change stuff, thats why aftermarket is so huge in the Jeep world if it was exactly perfect from factory no one would change a thing.

Drove for 3 hrs did not fill up that's probably because it had your Starbucks cups in them;)

Well obviously you have not been to a beach with the Jeep naked sand gets everywhere in 2 mins but hey it's fun and we as a family have a blast doing it. No need for a vacuum..
[GALLERY=media, 52]IMG_20180714_170625510 by thecritter posted Jul 18, 2018 at 4:06 PM[/GALLERY]
Have a good day trollll:beer::beer::beer::jk:

sacourtney07

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
It’s super annoying. I took the entire center peice off trying to remove the inner liner. The liner doesn’t come out. I took off the thing holding the light in. Now I can pop he light out and clean under it.

I like to keep my interior spotless, so trying to clean out all the sticky shit and sand and dust from the cup holders sucks without being able to take it out and rinse them.

Especially annoying was the shit that got stuck under the little light. Stupid, stupid design in my opinion.

Sponsored

OP
OP
thecritter

thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It’s super annoying. I took the entire center peice off trying to remove the inner liner. The liner doesn’t come out. I took off the thing holding the light in. Now I can pop he light out and clean under it.

I like to keep my interior spotless, so trying to clean out all the sticky shit and sand and dust from the cup holders sucks without being able to take it out and rinse them.

Especially annoying was the shit that got stuck under the little light. Stupid, stupid design in my opinion.
Glad I am not the only one to take the console apart to try and remove liner. The rear seat one pops right out so I was convinced the front should too.

WranglerAz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2019 JLR, 2000 TJ
It’s super annoying. I took the entire center piece off trying to remove the inner liner. The liner doesn’t come out. I took off the thing holding the light in. Now I can pop he light out and clean under it.
I have the liner out, and am looking at the liner light to disconnect it. How did you disconnect yours?

StingGrayRhino

First Name
Eliez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sahara
I started prying at mine thinking that I wasn't catching te rim good to remove lining. As soon as the first portion popped out I knew I was fucked. I took out the whole thing and dont know how to pt it back in. Anyone have a video they can reference?

I swear jeep designs the wrangler so you have to spend money on shit.

TheWingman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Red JLUR
I removed mine as well. It took the patience of a monk and about 2.5 beers to get it back in. Used a plastic trim tool and my fingers to work the edges back in, one at a time.

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
FCA should be paying attention and use this thread in advertising...

"A vehicle so good that the only complaint is the lack of cup holder liner - and during customer appreciation month, this will be included free of charge."
Sponsored