Sponsored

CELeste's first trip to the doctor

diesel_jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4bt Cj
I like MILton :CWL:

Just putting it out there again though that I haven't had any issues since my throttle cable and EGR fixes that I've posted about. Things are great. Almost 3k miles now.
Just heard back from the dealer... looks like they are replacing the hose and EGR assembly... hopefully that solves MILton's issue.
Sponsored

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
Just heard back from the dealer... looks like they are replacing the hose and EGR assembly... hopefully that solves MILton's issue.
Another interesting line on the spreadsheet that @toolaide4fit put together to track these issues would be whether or not any afflicted vehicle was delivered with the extra testing sticker that a bunch of us found with 30-50 miles from the factory. Makes you wonder if that extra testing yielded any change in reliability.

diesel_jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4bt Cj
Another interesting line on the spreadsheet that @toolaide4fit put together to track these issues would be whether or not any afflicted vehicle was delivered with the extra testing sticker that a bunch of us found with 30-50 miles from the factory. Makes you wonder if that extra testing yielded any change in reliability.
I didn't see this sticker but mine was delivered with 30 miles or so.... I assume a few of those miles were to fuel up the vehicle prior to delivery... I just hope I am not in an infinite loop with the issues on this rig.

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
I like MILton :CWL:

Just putting it out there again though that I haven't had any issues since my throttle cable and EGR fixes that I've posted about. Things are great. Almost 3k miles now.
I have 1400 on mine and I don't have anywhere to go. The longest trip I took was to get a new tattoo. Then a week ago I took a about a 90 mile trip...the most exciting part is my luxury loving wife says she really like riding in the jeep and she has 2 Mercedes. Although one is and AMG and rides rough in the Sport+ mode, she has agreed to go from Texas to Colorado when this virus passes. Can't wait...she has no idea I plan on taking it wheeling while we are on vacation. lol!

Last edited:

diesel_jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4bt Cj
MIL just came back on again after a cold start...back to the dealer she goes :(

Sponsored

diesel_jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4bt Cj
Probably unrelated to ambient then. How many times does this make?
code has been permanently on since 180 miles... Dealer replaced the parts listed above and did not have the issue for one cold start cycle. The next cold start cycle (today) the same MIL appeared (P26FB) as permanent. At this point I cannot even clear it with my handheld scanner.

Also I have noticed my MPG is like 15 since this code appeared

2020 Diesel JL

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 CJ3B Diesel, 2018 Camaro Hot Wheels Convertible, 2018 Dodge 3500 Diesel, 2020 Harley CVO Tri Glide White, 2020 Harley CVO Tri Glide Black, 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
General Manager / Owner of CraneWorks Orlando
Vehicle Showcase
code has been permanently on since 180 miles... Dealer replaced the parts listed above and did not have the issue for one cold start cycle. The next cold start cycle (today) the same MIL appeared (P26FB) as permanent. At this point I cannot even clear it with my handheld scanner.

P26FB - EGR Cooler Bypass Control Stuck Closed Bank 1, that should be a easy one to figure out. Especially since it's a hard code. I am beginning to think that the dealers need to invest in 3.0 diesel training.

Sponsored

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Yikes...wonder how closely it relates to the problem @Nihkole encountered.

diesel_jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4bt Cj
Yikes...wonder how closely it relates to the problem @Nihkole encountered.
They replaced the hose on mine (assumption is that this updated hose did not exist during @Nihkole 's codes and they bored out the existing hose).

The interesting thing is my code has recurred even after the installation of the updated hose. Maybe it is a sensor or something.. no idea at this point but my main concern is why the MPG is so low... this would indicate the engine is burning rich, which could have a negative impact on the longevity; if there is significant carbon build up and wear.

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They replaced the hose on mine (assumption is that this updated hose did not exist during @Nihkole 's codes and they bored out the existing hose).

The interesting thing is my code has recurred even after the installation of the updated hose. Maybe it is a sensor or something.. no idea at this point but my main concern is why the MPG is so low... this would indicate the engine is burning rich, which could have a negative impact on the longevity; if there is significant carbon build up and wear.
Yea it makes you wonder if the DPF is running a more frequent regen cycle with the engine getting too much fuel too. That’s a huge drop for anyone not running 37”+ with a lift at 80mph.

ETA: Wasn’t nihkole’s issue not the hose but the opening to the valve itself being too small for it to be actuated?

2020 Diesel JL

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 CJ3B Diesel, 2018 Camaro Hot Wheels Convertible, 2018 Dodge 3500 Diesel, 2020 Harley CVO Tri Glide White, 2020 Harley CVO Tri Glide Black, 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
General Manager / Owner of CraneWorks Orlando
Vehicle Showcase

When you check and try to clear the light with your handheld scanner can you read the code? A ECM has two sides, a EPA side and a OEM side, the two sides do not communicate with each other. Have you ever heard of someone that had a CEL on but scanned it with a non OEM like your handheld scanner and there were no codes? That would be a code on the OEM side that is not set on the EPA side.

If the code is there when you use your handheld scanner then its a system that the EPA monitors, If you clear it and it comes right back then it's a hard code. A hard code sets when the key is turned on the ECM runs a quick test, It looks for parameters like in this case the EGR Cooler Bypass voltage to be at a certain value and if it is not the light comes on. The test happens so fast that it's like the code won't clear. In your case I would bet its a wiring issue, sensor that measures the EGR Cooler Bypass is bad or the valve is truly stuck. It may try to do a quick flutter of the valve during the KOEO test and see's no movement.

I wouldn't worry negative impact on the longevity, The issue would have to go for a really long time to affect longevity. If the engine oil starts to rise then it's time to be concerned about overfueling bypassing the rings.

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
Yea it makes you wonder if the DPF is running a more frequent regen cycle with the engine getting too much fuel too. That’s a huge drop for anyone not running 37”+ with a lift at 80mph.

ETA: Wasn’t nihkole’s issue not the hose but the opening to the valve itself being too small for it to be actuated?
They drilled Nihkole's out but it the issue came back...the last I remember was there was a loose wire in the throttle response system that was showing resistance issues...I heard there was a problem for a week with manufacturing...but they fixed it...at least that is what they said fixed her problem if I remembered correctly.
Sponsored