CELeste: P2297, P2459

Nihkole

First Name
Nichole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL 3.0 Diesel, 2000 Chevrolet Camaro
2020.10.28: CELeste’s 5th trip to the doctor.

In my dentists parking lot. Due to covid someone now walks to see who's arrived for an appointment. The hygienist told me that she recognized me because of the Jeep, and told me that a lot of Jeeps have parked in this spot today. I remark, "maybe it's good luck".

Of course, there can be no luck in 2020

Driving home, everything was fine, then I got another CEL. She still functions fine, but there is a CEL. I feel like I'm the lead tester for this vehicle! Hey FCA, I haven't received any of my pay checks for 2020, and it's nearly November

Torque Pro reads the codes as:

Fault log report generated by Torque for Android
=================================================

Current Fault Log
------------------
ECU reports no current faults

Pending Fault Log
------------------
P2297: O2 Sensor Out of Range During Deceleration bank1 Sensor1
P2459: Diesel Particulate Filter Regeneration Frequency

Historic Fault Log
------------------
ECU reports no historic faults
Other discovered fault codes
(possibly pending, current or manufacturer specific)
----------------------------------------------------
ECU reports no other fault codes logged

End of report.

Pending faults, but no current faults. Some quick research says those will disappear on their own after 40 warm up cycles. But she's going to the shop anyway. My contact Nick at the dealer/shop doesn't seem worried at all. Maybe there's a new ecu firmware. It's been a while since she's been back for an issue and we just took a trip to Maine and back. I'll keep you guys updated.
Sponsored

rocky4by

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Ram cummins
How did you like driving your Jeep to Maine, Also could you give us a MPG report?
Hope your codes get cleared up, and past issues stay past issues :beer:

OP
OP
Nihkole

Nihkole

First Name
Nichole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How did you like driving your Jeep to Maine, Also could you give us a MPG report?
Hope your codes get cleared up, and past issues stay past issues :beer:
The drive to Maine was really fun! We did some city driving and stopped in Philly to stay the night. We went from there to Portland, Maine and then to Bar Harbor where we drove around Acadia National Park and also did some hiking. On the way back to Virginia we drove down the coast to check out some cute New England towns and stayed the night in Salem, Mass because it's October and we were feeling spooky. I should also mention that we drove through upstate NY (which was beautiful) rather than going through NYC. The whole trip averaged 36 hours of driving time and 30 point something mpg!

Sponsored

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
I think I would have burned $100 worth of rubber off of those tires. Have you gotten CELeste back yet?

OP
OP
Nihkole

Nihkole

First Name
Nichole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think I would have burned $100 worth of rubber off of those tires. Have you gotten CELeste back yet?
Yes it only took a few hours for them to put the new sensor on so I basically drove home and back. I did get to take the highway though :angel:

Let me just say too that I am so thankful I decided to get that extra warranty at the dealer when I purchased CELeste. I haven't had to pay for any rental car, part or anything. I realize too that a new car shouldn't have any issues like I've had but here we are.
Sponsored