Sponsored

CEL light on, drive mode buttons not working **found trouble code

JLSmitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sahara 4xe
I've had my Sahara 4xe for nearly 6 months and have around 8500 trouble free miles on it until today. It's a short highway drive from where I live into town, and I use the esave mode on the highway and then back into hybrid mode once into town to use electric driving. I change the mode by pressing the buttons and have done this countless times since new without issue.

I noticed today when I got to town and pressed the hybrid button that it wasn't going to electric mode even if I pushed the electric button. After 2-3 minutes it finally went into electric mode and drove fine to the store. I turned it off, went in, came back out to leave. Now the CEL is on and the buttons to select the drive mode are not functional. It defaults to hybrid a usual and will bring on the ICE when electric charge is depleted.

No signs of anything wrong other than the lights on the drive mode buttons are out and I cannot select the mode. Any ideas why the CEL may be on? On a side note, is Jeep required to provide a loaner car for warranty repairs that they have to keep my Jeep for an extended time if necessary? I was under the impression this was part of the new vehicle warranty.
Sponsored

sconrad24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Willys JKU, 2021 4XE
Have you gotten an oil change yet? If you havent gotten one yet it might be the computer trying to use up the rest of the oil to get you change it. I know the gas refresh starts after 3 months. Maybe the oil refresh is 6 months? Do you have a reader for the CEL? Could be unrelated. I'd bring it in to the dealer and see what they say.

OP
OP
JLSmitty

JLSmitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sahara 4xe
UPDATE - I was able to get the code pulled, and it's U113B, lost communication with switch bank module. Haven't decided if I'm going to drive it for a week or so and see if it corrects itself, or go ahead and take it in to the dealer. Leaning towards taking the wait and see approach since it's not affecting me being able to drive it. I did check all the fuses, and all good there.

OP
OP
JLSmitty

JLSmitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sahara 4xe
PROBLEM SOLVED. Yall won't believe this, or maybe you will lol, but I pulled the switch bank out of the dash panel out of curiosity to check the connector and found it had fallen off. Nothing broken on it, it just wasn't attached good from the factory. I snapped it on and put the switch back into the dash. Working perfectly again. Fingers crossed that's all it was

sconrad24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Willys JKU, 2021 4XE
PROBLEM SOLVED. Yall won't believe this, or maybe you will lol, but I pulled the switch bank out of the dash panel out of curiosity to check the connector and found it had fallen off. Nothing broken on it, it just wasn't attached good from the factory. I snapped it on and put the switch back into the dash. Working perfectly again. Fingers crossed that's all it was
thatā€™s great and a bummer at the same time!

Sponsored

Skeethree

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe, 2022 Rav4 Prime, 2020 Highlande Hybrid
Occupation
Architect
thatā€™s great and a bummer at the same time!
I've had a recent issue with my CE light coming on after driving on the beach. After a few miles of road driving it shuts off again. Also noticed the forward collision warning light comes on as well and then also resets. Soonest the dealer can see me is two weeks from now so I guess they are not concerned about it. I'll get the wire connector recall done at the same time. Hopefully nothing serious, Jeep still runs perfectly using gas or electricity.

MassMopar

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JT Mojave, 23 JLR
Loaners are not required, it's up to each dealer as far as I know.

When you say Switch Bank - are you referring to the Aux Switches, or something else?

OP
OP
JLSmitty

JLSmitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sahara 4xe
Loaners are not required, it's up to each dealer as far as I know.

When you say Switch Bank - are you referring to the Aux Switches, or something else?
I was referring to the switch bank that has the buttons to open the fuel door or to select hybrid, electric, or esave drive modes. It pops out of the dash as one assembly with 2 tabs on the top and 2 on the bottom that snap it into place. The wiring connector snaps on to the back of this, but slides in from the bottom. Very similar to the switch bank for the aux switches I would assume

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I've had a recent issue with my CE light coming on after driving on the beach. After a few miles of road driving it shuts off again. Also noticed the forward collision warning light comes on as well and then also resets. Soonest the dealer can see me is two weeks from now so I guess they are not concerned about it. I'll get the wire connector recall done at the same time. Hopefully nothing serious, Jeep still runs perfectly using gas or electricity.
Hi Skeethree,
Please feel free to keep us updated regarding your situation. If you are in need of additional support while in service, please let us know via PM. We can certainly have a case escalated for additional assistance while in service.

Rob
Jeep Cares
Sponsored