2018 Jeep JL , 2006 F250 Diesel

Oneilc01

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Sting-Gray Turbo
Sadly, nothing. The dealership Parts guy said he was escalating to the new foreman but I haven't heard back. I just cant believe that with a dealer installed factory part they have no idea what to do.

Oneilc01

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update. I had the Jeep in the dealership for the last three weeks (I was traveling and so it wasn’t terribly inconvenient). They had the Chrysler reps and engineers try several things and they claim it is fixed after testing for 60+ miles and after filling up with gas and restarting 4 times. They replaced some hoses and sensors. They did say there were only a couple examples of this error with the snorkel (new version) across the country but they were aware there was an issue.

I only drove it twice since I picked it up last night so I’ll report back in a few days.

Fingers crossed.

Oneilc01

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update. I had the Jeep in the dealership for the last three weeks (I was traveling and so it wasn’t terribly inconvenient). They had the Chrysler reps and engineers try several things and they claim it is fixed after testing for 60+ miles and after filling up with gas and restarting 4 times. They replaced some hoses and sensors. They did say there were only a couple examples of this error with the snorkel (new version) across the country but they were aware there was an issue.

I only drove it twice since I picked it up last night so I’ll report back in a few days.

Fingers crossed.
FYI. Still no error light so hopefully this issue is now dead.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JL-Jeepster

JL-Jeepster

First Name
Yohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FYI. Still no error light so hopefully this issue is now dead.
Glad to hear yours got fixed ! Do you know what was replaced ? That would really help as mine is still unresolved and last thing they replaced was the vaccum pump

Oneilc01

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Glad to hear yours got fixed ! Do you know what was replaced ? That would really help as mine is still unresolved and last thing they replaced was the vaccum pump
The part that was replaced was the the CRANKCASE PRESSURE SENSOR part number 68312652AB. Its a small sensor with a hose assembly attached.

OP
OP
JL-Jeepster

JL-Jeepster

First Name
Yohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The part that was replaced was the the CRANKCASE PRESSURE SENSOR part number 68312652AB. Its a small sensor with a hose assembly attached.
Interesting ! They replaced mine too but didn’t fix it

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
you guys need to check with someone that has this on a 3.6. I'm wondering if its Turbo specific and if a TUNE or something needs to be done not he TURBO's. Maybe too much AIR or AIR Temp sensor is messing with something.

Sponsored

Oneilc01

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think it is definitely the snorkel causing the error code. Call me stupid. I had another new Mopar snorkel installed on my Jeep 4xe and have have no issues since it was installed in the summer 2021. Now, it is causing the same code P2C90 Error.

Saw this also.
TSB #S2018000010

7c102c600853ce38121

First Name
Marek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 EU JLUR
I've resolved this issue in my case with very simple modification of the snorkel 🙂 think about what raised air intake, especially with intake oriented forward, does to the airflow and pressures around air filter, where this crankcase ventilation sensor is located. It most probably raises the pressure and for sure CHANGES the pressure.

In my case a microfibre rag put at the snorkel intake resolved CEL.

Jeep Wrangler JL CEL CODE P2C90 - After Mopar CAI (Snorkel) Install 1657794507364

Of course it could be, that microfibre rag is not the best solution regarding airflow, I'll try to figure that out. https://www.outbackequipment.com.au/unifilter-pre-cleaner-sock-small-66mm could do the trick as well.

Oneilc01

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've resolved this issue in my case with very simple modification of the snorkel 🙂 think about what raised air intake, especially with intake oriented forward, does to the airflow and pressures around air filter, where this crankcase ventilation sensor is located. It most probably raises the pressure and for sure CHANGES the pressure.

In my case a microfibre rag put at the snorkel intake resolved CEL.

Jeep Wrangler JL CEL CODE P2C90 - After Mopar CAI (Snorkel) Install 1657794507364

Of course it could be, that microfibre rag is not the best solution regarding airflow, I'll try to figure that out. https://www.outbackequipment.com.au/unifilter-pre-cleaner-sock-small-66mm could do the trick as well.
Wow. That might just do it. Keep us posted after a few weeks.
Sponsored