Sponsored

CD player

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Hey guys - anybody add a CD player to their JL? Last time I did something like that was way back in high school with a Geo Prism, so no idea how all that stuff works these days. If so, can you point more toward what you used? Thanks!
Sponsored

eugene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
Hey guys - anybody add a CD player to their JL? Last time I did something like that was way back in high school with a Geo Prism, so no idea how all that stuff works these days. If so, can you point more toward what you used? Thanks!
I believe that the tazer JL allowes you to flash your uconnect to control the CD player. I donā€™t own a tazer but i plan on buying one soon.

cdrober

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR Ordered
I would also be interested in this, perhaps there is a way to mount it inside the glovebox?

Sheepjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 xj, 04 Silverado 2500hd
simply put a radio swap like days of old are over as the radio plays a more important part in the jeep than just play music

like others have said the tazer jl has a cd player enable option, dont know what else needs to be done to make this work but there is that option

other option i can think of is get a diskman and a male to male 3.5mm headphone jack and use it like you would with the old cassette converters and the aux port

ExitLeft

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Vehicle Showcase
other option i can think of is get a diskman and a male to male 3.5mm headphone jack and use it like you would with the old cassette converters and the aux port
A Discman? I think I saw one of those in the Smithsonian. Where would you even get one of those these days? LOL I remember mounting a discman in my ā€˜86 Mustang in the early 90s. Now that was high tech!
Seriously though, is there a single DIN CD player that can be controlled by the 8.4? Maybe one from another FCA product. Is there a DVD player option in the Pacifica or another model? Maybe use that unit and mount it in the glovebox. I personally have no need for a dvd/cd player, but Iā€™m just brainstorming here.

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18ā€™ Toyota 4Runner
Wonder if a usb cd/dvd drive would work.
Sponsored