First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Occupation
Sales manager
Just found this product and decided to try it. Only installed it today in minutes. So far it works perfectly. And yes i have and use a thumb drive....
But i also have hundreds of CD’s.If anyone is interested let me know and I’ll send you the link from the company i purchased it form, in the USA

C4891CA9-5C90-49AD-B1A0-90FF9CA7706A.jpeg
Sponsored

emgeesea

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys
Vehicle Showcase
[email protected]
The Contacts name is Liz
Your welcome !
This looks nice. And it fits in the center console?

Can you provide more details, e.g., brand? And does it get power from the USB port, or do you have to also connect it to a cigarette socket? And how does it interface with the head unit? I.e., does it use an AUX channel, or other channel?

And how much $$$?

Thanks,

OP
OP
klhjeep2018

klhjeep2018

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Occupation
Sales manager
It doesn’t have a brand name, power out of the usb port only. I used the center console port. It comes up in the usb 3 in the radio i have the 8.4 display factory unit Just as a thumb drive does. it only displays tracks no songs, but i was sick of not having a cd player. I mounted it only us velcro. If anyone orders one for have to tell them which radio that you have. The Cd player i have is a version 2
$249.00

Sponsored

emgeesea

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys
Vehicle Showcase
It doesn’t have a brand name, power out of the usb port only. I used the center console port. It comes up in the usb 3 in the radio i have the 8.4 display factory unit Just as a thumb drive does. it only displays tracks no songs, but i was sick of not having a cd player. I mounted it only us velcro. If anyone orders one for have to tell them which radio that you have. The Cd player i have is a version 2
$249.00
Thanks very much for sharing this!

Schism75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ JLU SAHARA
There’s some pretty bad reviews on this model from what I’m reading. At that price tag it should be flawless considering CD technology has been accessible for quite some time.
I was hoping it was compatible with the 7” screen as well. Bummer!

OP
OP
klhjeep2018

klhjeep2018

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Occupation
Sales manager
There’s some pretty bad reviews on this model from what I’m reading. At that price tag it should be flawless considering CD technology has been accessible for quite some time.
I was hoping it was compatible with the 7” screen as well. Bummer!
Yes i have read some of the reviews as well but I figured I would give it a try. As its not a permanent mount, I used velcro. If you email Liz the 7 inch display may be another version. She told me that there are a few different ones.version 2 works with the 8.4

use Velcro

tts42572

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Just wanted to ask how this CD player unit is working? Holding up well? Any issues?

I've been wanting a Wrangler for years and have gotten close to buying recently as a local dealer had a Rubicon I loved. However silly it is though, I've not bought solely because they don't offer a CD player option. Yeah, I know maybe I'm outdated. But I hate fiddling with bluetooth and playlists while driving. I just enjoy popping in a CD and forgetting about it. It's a shame manufacturers don't at least offer premium upgrade packages to allow people that really want a CD player to get one.

If I got a Wrangler, I'd either need something like this or would replace the factory radio totally with an aftermarket radio that had a CD player. So just wondering how this is holding up.

Sponsored

OP
OP
klhjeep2018

klhjeep2018

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Occupation
Sales manager
Just wanted to ask how this CD player unit is working? Holding up well? Any issues?

I've been wanting a Wrangler for years and have gotten close to buying recently as a local dealer had a Rubicon I loved. However silly it is though, I've not bought solely because they don't offer a CD player option. Yeah, I know maybe I'm outdated. But I hate fiddling with bluetooth and playlists while driving. I just enjoy popping in a CD and forgetting about it. It's a shame manufacturers don't at least offer premium upgrade packages to allow people that really want a CD player to get one.

If I got a Wrangler, I'd either need something like this or would replace the factory radio totally with an aftermarket radio that had a CD player. So just wondering how this is holding up.
I feel the seem way that you do about not being offered with a CD player. But I'm sorry to report that about after 2 days of use it keep locking up the radio. So I send it back.
I'm still looking and hoping that I can find something that will work.
If you find anything please let me know.

tts42572

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Thanks for the reply! Guess I'll cross that off as an option.

I really want a Wrangler but I don't know. Looks like my best option would be to spend $1,000 or so to buy a nice aftermarket system and have it installed. Unless a dealer gives me a great deal to compensate for having to spend that money, I'll probably just keep driving my Acadia that has a great CD system in it as it makes little sense to spend 50K on a vehicle and then rip the radio out.

It's just frustrating.

tts42572

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Do you have a link to the one you bought on Amazon that works?