Sponsored

CB suddenly lost reception

• Thread starter Deleted member 59098
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1

Deleted member 59098

I just installed a Cobra 75WX. There is never any radio activity where I live, so I can’t fully test it. I did however put it on the weather channel and it was crystal clear. After cleaning up some of the cable routing, it no longer gets the weather reception. I tried reconnecting everything including power. I need to get a tuner, but the sudden weather cut out is strange. Any thoughts?
Sponsored

americonium

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Black
Occupation
Engineering Technician
Because it's a reception problem that popped up after you cleaned up your wiring, I would start there. Pull all of that back out and verify no cuts or crimps. If you have a meter, check the cable for a short from center pin to shield. Also check for an open on center pin at one end to the other and the same to the shield. If everything looks good, check connectors at each end. Good luck.

OP
OP

Deleted member 59098

Because it's a reception problem that popped up after you cleaned up your wiring, I would start there. Pull all of that back out and verify no cuts or crimps. If you have a meter, check the cable for a short from center pin to shield. Also check for an open on center pin at one end to the other and the same to the shield. If everything looks good, check connectors at each end. Good luck.
I figured it out. The weather station has 9 different channels and I must have pressed for a station that has bad reception. I actually was able to pick up some conversation, so I think all is good.
Sponsored