First Name
Addam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
https://www.wayalifestore.com/store/proddetail.php?prod=PARTS-CB-BAR

CB-BAR-JL.jpg

Anyone use this bar for any HAM or CB installation?

Ive been looking at the installation and where the bar ends up crossing the compartment. It looks like if you mount a radio or radio and linear together on the bar you wont be able to flip down the sun visor. Not typically a problem except in a Jeep hardtop you need to in order to get the freedom panels off.

Wondering where the back of the mounted radio ends up and if it blocks the visors from coming down.

TIA
Sponsored

Smike83

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler sport
Can you run it with your linear on top of the bar and your radio underneath the bar? I wouldn’t see a problem there. Might have to figure out different mounting for your brackets but shouldn’t be to bad. I never ran a linear , does it have to be close to the radio itself? Can it be mounted say under the seat or somewhere remote like that?

OP
OP
Diesel550

Diesel550

First Name
Addam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Cant mount on top of the bar. The bar, from what I understand, runs very close in clearance to the freedom panels.

Typically the linear doesn't have to be close to the CB, but I'm getting a really good one with extra features, indicators and multiple switches I'll need access to.

I'd love to mount them side by side. But like I mentioned, I dont know if that's possible without sacrificing the sun visors. Not a deal breaker, I dont use them anyway, just rather not remove them if I dont have to.

bkjolly

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 CJ-5
No offense to the guy from WAYLIFE he has some great informative videos but that CB Bar is basically 15 or 20 bucks worth of pieced together stuff from Lowe's.

Smike83

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler sport
That’s where my problem lies with spending over $100 lol

Jeepjunkie

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
https://www.wayalifestore.com/store/proddetail.php?prod=PARTS-CB-BAR

CB-BAR-JL.jpg

Anyone use this bar for any HAM or CB installation?

Ive been looking at the installation and where the bar ends up crossing the compartment. It looks like if you mount a radio or radio and linear together on the bar you wont be able to flip down the sun visor. Not typically a problem except in a Jeep hardtop you need to in order to get the freedom panels off.

Wondering where the back of the mounted radio ends up and if it blocks the visors from coming down.

TIA
I have this set up. It is easy to bolt in and took like 20 minutes to install (not including wiring and antenna cable routing). Bkjolly is correct that you could fab one yourself pretty easily, but if you need to save time on the fab work it does make mounting the CB a non issue.
My CB has plenty of room for the visors. My CB is bolted on the bottom of the bar, and it is close to my head. If I can mount it on top of the bar I may try that. I have a soft top and can’t comment on the freedom panels though.
Sponsored