First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Door JLR
Vehicle Showcase
2018-08-31-19-05-33.jpg
]I just finished my install of the Rugged Ridge Multiplexor kit on my 2018 JL today. More challenging than they show in the JK install video. Had to stuff the miltiplexor under the passenger glovebox. Not pretty. After extending the FS2 antenna extender past its limit with a 2.5 SWR I replaced it with a 3" stainless bolt of identical threads and got SWR down to 1:1.1. Tested on AM/FM and 27MHz, no issues. Works great!
Nice, i like the dual purpose and functionality of that concept. Question however, can you elaborate on "more challenging" please? Basically if its doable but just more of pain in the ass to get er done or is this more of it's not made for a JL so you have to amend and re-fabricate anything. If the latter that's a whole other issue.

Any chance you can write up an install tutorial to share your pain points on the install?
Sponsored

Jeepers333

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
So the RR kit does work with the JL? That's good news.
It does indeed! I also combined the Topsy Mic holder with the Magnetic Mic product to get a
0904181126.jpg
mic mount I can grab and put back without taking my eyes off the road/terrain. (No screws in the Jeep, either!)

Jeepers333

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
Nice, i like the dual purpose and functionality of that concept. Question however, can you elaborate on "more challenging" please? Basically if its doable but just more of pain in the ass to get er done or is this more of it's not made for a JL so you have to amend and re-fabricate anything. If the latter that's a whole other issue.

Any chance you can write up an install tutorial to share your pain points on the install?
It was more of a PITA to find a place to mount both the Multiplexor and CB box. I ran a ground wire from a screw post to the Multiplexor itself rather than mount it directly on the firewall. The whole mess is zip tied just above the forward portion of the passenger floor mat. Stable but a bit ugly (but also out of sight). There is a rubber grommet through the interior wall that I had to remove to get the antenna wire through. Wish I had taken pics for you but contorting myself into very uncomfortable positions wasn't conducive for taking pics. Would have been easier if I had taken the passenger door off and the seat out (and if I were two feet shorter). Straight forward. First time always the hardest.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
It does indeed! I also combined the Topsy Mic holder with the Magnetic Mic product to get a
0904181126.jpg
mic mount I can grab and put back without taking my eyes off the road/terrain. (No screws in the Jeep, either!)
The police in our small town use these and love them!

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
FINALLY, a solution! I just installed a Comet antenna mount for my GMRS. @macintux led me to this solution. I also went with a Comet CA2S4XR antenna with a spring insert, to protect it from low hanging branches. It fit perfectly, with plenty of space between the bottom of the lip mount and the fender. I was able to tuck the excess wire under the cowl panel, so it made for a nice, clean mount. Can't wait to get this thing out on some flat land to stretch the range out a bit!

Pics coming soon, if I can get Imgur to work.

OP
OP
Jeepin_Donnie

Jeepin_Donnie

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 23 Wildtrak Bronco w/Sasquatch package
Occupation
Benefits Manager
OP
OP
Jeepin_Donnie

Jeepin_Donnie

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Benefits Manager
Just realized I never posted photos of my set-up. Here ya go.

IMG_1444.JPG

IMG_1382.JPG

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just realized I never posted photos of my set-up. Here ya go.

IMG_1444.JPG

IMG_1382.JPG
Nice! TIme will tell if the mount I'm using is strong enough. Yours is pretty well guaranteed!

OP
OP
Jeepin_Donnie

Jeepin_Donnie

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Benefits Manager
Nice! TIme will tell if the mount I'm using is strong enough. Yours is pretty well guaranteed!
I'm selling the passenger side bracket if you're interested? Haha. It's a solid mount! :like: :jk:

OP
OP
Jeepin_Donnie

Jeepin_Donnie

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Benefits Manager

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm selling the passenger side bracket if you're interested? Haha. It's a solid mount! :like: :jk:
Someone out there might snag it. I can't put a GMRS antenna near the radio antenna.

OP
OP
Jeepin_Donnie

Jeepin_Donnie

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Benefits Manager
Someone out there might snag it. I can't put a GMRS antenna near the radio antenna.
I've had a little interest so far. Just waiting for some one to show me the money!
Sponsored