CB Antenna for Wrangler JLU

Archer85

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
I am looking for the JL rear antenna mount (the one that says jeep in it) and mounts to the swing bracket and not the rear tire carrier. Also what site can I get the actual antenna (no wires because it wont be used for a CB radio- just to hold the flag). Any suggestions or sites????
Sponsored

Will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Archer85

Archer85

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S

Will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks!!!! where can I get the universal antenna that flags go on? Seems like one site sells the bracket, another sells the antenna and flag sites only sell the flags. I was at Jeeptoberfest and should have bought the antenna and flags while I could but they didn't have brackets so I figured id be able to find a one stop shop but of course not! haha.
I've never had a need for a flag, but I doubt you would need to buy an actual CB or radio antenna as a flagpole. But the site that I linked to sells a whole CB setup for the JL and if you call them they may sell you an antenna mount and antenna and leave off the coax cable.

If I were you, I would bypass getting the $50 mount and mount the flagpole to the spare tire carrier with a $3 "L" bracket from Home Depot and get a flag whip and whatever flag you want to put on it. https://www.amazon.com/Raptor-Bansh...230228&sr=8-20&keywords=offroad+flag+and+whip

Are you required to have a flag at some of the places you are riding? You would need to check for the minimum height/visibilty requirements. Looks like there are a lot of options on Amazon for flags and whips.

Hope this helps.

OP
OP
Archer85

Archer85

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
I've never had a need for a flag, but I doubt you would need to buy an actual CB or radio antenna as a flagpole. But the site that I linked to sells a whole CB setup for the JL and if you call them they may sell you an antenna mount and antenna and leave off the coax cable.

If I were you, I would bypass getting the $50 mount and mount the flagpole to the spare tire carrier with a $3 "L" bracket from Home Depot and get a flag whip and whatever flag you want to put on it. https://www.amazon.com/Raptor-Bansh...230228&sr=8-20&keywords=offroad+flag+and+whip

Are you required to have a flag at some of the places you are riding? You would need to check for the minimum height/visibilty requirements. Looks like there are a lot of options on Amazon for flags and whips.

Hope this helps.
No i dont need a flag for anything specific but you can buy the sleeve for the CB Antenna and then all flags just zip to that. So if i buy some other flag pole i don't know if the sleeve will fit it universally if that makes sense. I want to get the Firestik antenna because its so universal with most flags after i get the sleeve. I saw the whole kit for $90 but yea it came with the coax cable which i def do not need. Crazy that you can get the bracket for a JK for $10 but cheapest JL one is $45!
Sponsored