2020 JLUR, 2011 WK2
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
5ABBFB84-02A6-4188-A485-0A5EDFB12AEE.jpeg

[/QUOTE]

@CavFab_mfg Do you guys make the rotopax mount above? I didn't see it on your site.
Sponsored

OP
OP
CavFab_mfg

CavFab_mfg

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
CavFab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlur
Occupation
Aftermarket Jeep Product Manufacturer
@CavFab_mfg Do you guys make the rotopax mount above? I didn't see it on your site.
[/QUOTE]

We dont.

We have some different accessory mounts coming out that interface with our carrier. Not sure whose pax mount this is.

redrock

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR, 14 WK2, 98 ZJ 5.9, 17 F350 6.7L
Vehicle Showcase
We dont.

We have some different accessory mounts coming out that interface with our carrier. Not sure whose pax mount this is.
When do you expect those to be available? I've built a Rotopax mount for my Cavfab carrier and am getting ready to design another to address some fitment issues, but might hold off if you have it figured out and will be shipping soon. There's just barely enough space to work with between the taillight and a 37" spare, it seems.

Jeep Wrangler JL CavFab JL / JLU Elite Series HD Tire Carrier 1674763373806

OP
OP
CavFab_mfg

CavFab_mfg

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
CavFab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlur
Occupation
When do you expect those to be available? I've built a Rotopax mount for my Cavfab carrier and am getting ready to design another to address some fitment issues, but might hold off if you have it figured out and will be shipping soon. There's just barely enough space to work with between the taillight and a 37" spare, it seems.

Jeep Wrangler JL CavFab JL / JLU Elite Series HD Tire Carrier 1674763373806
Im checking with our design team now around priorities and a potential timeline for these. Will post back shortly!

FX44AU

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR (on order)
Has anyone that's installed one of these carriers had an issue with it rubbing the tail light when it opens? The hinge plates on mine are all the way against the tail light side of the hinge cutouts in the body and it hits the tail light when it opens. Should be easy to fix with shims but just curious. Sucks that I didn't notice it though until I had everything back together and was putting the tail light back in. Now I've got to take it all back apart to add shims.

Sponsored

Javwohl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 vw gti, 2001 dodge ram, 2023 jlr punk'n
Occupation
engineer
No, since I have the OEM steel bumper, I elected to keep my license plate in the original location. I did not use the CavFab hardware, I chose a LOD camera relocation kit and a third brake ring.

I think it is a much cleaner look.
I'm looking at picking up the LOD camera relocation kit also for my cavfab tire carrier since i plant to keep my stock steel bumper for now. Can you share how you mounted it to the cavfab tire carrier? Anything special you did to get it stay on or anything? Thank you

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
I'm looking at picking up the LOD camera relocation kit also for my cavfab tire carrier since i plant to keep my stock steel bumper for now. Can you share how you mounted it to the cavfab tire carrier? Anything special you did to get it stay on or anything? Thank you
I used a large hex head bolt and fender washer from the backside of the carrier. The LOD comes with one, but if memory serves, it was not long enough.

Javwohl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
engineer
I used a large hex head bolt and fender washer from the backside of the carrier. The LOD comes with one, but if memory serves, it was not long enough.
Thanks for the info wasn't for sure if I would need to drill a hole in the tire carrier or the camera mount. Plus having the newer style camera didn't know how difficult it was to get in the mount.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the info wasn't for sure if I would need to drill a hole in the tire carrier or the camera mount. Plus having the newer style camera didn't know how difficult it was to get in the mount.
The carrier has a hole...you should be good to go.

Javwohl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
engineer

Sponsored

pinstripe2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Sarge
@CavFab_mfg if I were to purchase an elite mount now, would it be compatible with the rotopax and modules you are going to be releasing soon? Would hate to buy and then find out I needed something else.

OP
OP
CavFab_mfg

CavFab_mfg

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
CavFab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlur
Occupation
@CavFab_mfg if I were to purchase an elite mount now, would it be compatible with the rotopax and modules you are going to be releasing soon? Would hate to buy and then find out I needed something else.
Yes absolutely. We always do everything we can to ensure that any future "add on" parts are compatible with core parts for this very reason.

OP
OP
CavFab_mfg

CavFab_mfg

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
CavFab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlur
Occupation
Shorter lead times on these carriers right now! Get your orders in and save 10% with code: JLFORUM

Smoke ‘Em

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLR
Debating how to finish mine. I’ve seen Steel-it, bed liner, powder coated and painted examples all on here. How are the different finishes holding up for y’all? Would anyone go a different finishing route than what they chose if they were doing it again?