CavFab JL / JLU Elite Series HD Tire Carrier

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Interesting. And UPS didn't make you pay the duty when you paid brokerage? Never had that happen to me on big ticket items.
Just looking at the ups bill again. There is 0 for duty. 96.85 brokerage. 4.84 gst on that brokerage. And then 98.33 for gst + pst.
Sponsored

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Just looking at the ups bill again. There is 0 for duty. 96.85 brokerage. 4.84 gst on that brokerage. And then 98.33 for gst + pst.
To be honest. I would be ok paying the $98 but it's a crap shoot as to who at the border decides whether something is covered under NAFTA or not.

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
To be honest. I would be ok paying the $98 but it's a crap shoot as to who at the border decides whether something is covered under NAFTA or not.
Well, we don't actually have NAFTA anymore. It's CUSMA now. I assume Made in the USA is still Duty-free.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Well, we don't actually have NAFTA anymore. It's CUSMA now. I assume Made in the USA is still Duty-free.
Whatever it's called, it's the same rules as previous AFAIK. Usually it requires a form from the vendor but apparently as above, a giant sticker cuts the mustard. Lol.

Sponsored

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Finished mine today! That’s a Maximus-3 camera mount, Artec license plate holder and some light I found on Amazon. I replaced the Maximus-3 so I kept the camera mount.
Jeep Wrangler JL CavFab JL / JLU Elite Series HD Tire Carrier E71DB34D-C56A-4BC0-BD8E-50AA6CD83F95

OP
OP
CavFab_mfg

CavFab_mfg

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
CavFab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlur
Occupation
Aftermarket Jeep Product Manufacturer
For those outside the US. We have implemented international shipping on our website. We get the question nearly daily if we ship to Canada, or somewhere overseas.

We will monitor these orders as they come in and make sure that shipping rates match charges from UPS or our other carriers and make changes as necessary.

Let us know if you have any questions!

DamagingLime

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JLUR Ecodiesel
@CavFab_mfg do you have any options for an antenna/flag mount for the top mounting hole? Or any photos of stuff you have mounted to the carrier? I’m trying to figure out a chase light, flag holder, and antennae mount to bolt onto the carrier. Any photos or help would be greatly appreciated.

Love the tire carrier other than it rubs the rear light when opening. Any fixes for that other than trimming the carrier itself?

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
@CavFab_mfg do you have any options for an antenna/flag mount for the top mounting hole? Or any photos of stuff you have mounted to the carrier? I’m trying to figure out a chase light, flag holder, and antennae mount to bolt onto the carrier. Any photos or help would be greatly appreciated.

Love the tire carrier other than it rubs the rear light when opening. Any fixes for that other than trimming the carrier itself?
Rubs the rear light when opening? I don’t recall mine ever doing that. Do you have an earlier version without a tailgate stop?

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon

No one has said anything about that. Can you post a pic please? Why don't you raise your light a bit?

Sponsored

OP
OP
CavFab_mfg

CavFab_mfg

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
CavFab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlur
Occupation

Are you referring to the tail light? If you have a much older version of the carrier the stop may not be large enough on the hinge, allowing it to open to far (unless I am misunderstanding this).

OP
OP
CavFab_mfg

CavFab_mfg

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
CavFab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlur
Occupation
Short lead times on these right now! Don't forget to save big with the forum discount code!

Code: JLFORUM

OP
OP
CavFab_mfg

CavFab_mfg

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
CavFab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlur
Occupation
Do you ever offer free shipping in combo with the discount?
We do not. Typically the JLFORUM code is the largest applicable discount for these parts unless we are running a large holiday sale (which we havent this year due to rising material costs and supply chain issues that have been ongoing).

We do have a 20% off armor sale for armor orders above $1500.

Jeeps2Little

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S 2.0T
Those that have gotten the carrier and parts powder coated, what was the cost? I realize that is somewhat location dependent but just want a gut check before pulling the trigger on this carrier.
Sponsored