CavFab JL / JLU Elite Series HD Tire Carrier

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Sorry I didn't get those yesterday, I wasn't around the JL and couldn't get a photo, but will today.
I can personally guarantee you this will be the last carrier you ever buy. There is a TON of adjustability as it pertains to pulling the tire in or pushing away from the gate, to give you an idea...these are 24x14" American Forces (I know I know) that one of our customers are running on our carrier :P

77B058FC-3BF1-4219-A95D-6F10F96186E7.jpeg
I didn’t say anything lol
Sponsored

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Sorry I didn't get those yesterday, I wasn't around the JL and couldn't get a photo, but will today.
I can personally guarantee you this will be the last carrier you ever buy. There is a TON of adjustability as it pertains to pulling the tire in or pushing away from the gate, to give you an idea...these are 24x14" American Forces (I know I know) that one of our customers are running on our carrier :P

77B058FC-3BF1-4219-A95D-6F10F96186E7.jpeg
It looks amazing, what are you using to support the bottom of the tire, if anything?

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I can get some and have them posted today. Keep in mind, our carrier has a fair amount of adjustability to pull the tire in to the tailgate, or push it out...so really you can have it as tight, or as far away as you like.
Sounds good Dave, what are you using to prevent tire bouncing At the bottom, bracket, oem style bumper, If anything? Also, plate and camera mounting aRe really My only concerns because I do want your rear crawl bumper as well

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Dave, one major thing I hated about the Evo is it was so hard to open and close the gate because in order to keep the carrier tight you have to put 129 foot pounds on the hinge bolts, so it barely moved. How easily does yours swing with a 130 pound spare mounted to it?

OP
OP
CavFab_mfg

CavFab_mfg

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
CavFab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlur
Occupation
Aftermarket Jeep Product Manufacturer
Dave, one major thing I hated about the Evo is it was so hard to open and close the gate because in order to keep the carrier tight you have to put 129 foot pounds on the hinge bolts, so it barely moved. How easily does yours swing with a 130 pound spare mounted to it?
Ill try and answer all of your questions here. First, we do not necessarily use anything to support the Bottom of the carrier unless you retain the factory rubber "bump stops". We removed ours on the CavFab JL and have still experienced ZERO bouncing / rattling with the 40" and beadlock. Second, our hinges utilize self-lubricating oil-lite bronze bushings. They are insanely smooth, there is virtually ZERO effort in opening or closing the tailgate. I would say the easiest way to describe it is there is zero drag from the hinges when swinging open or closed.

Sponsored

OP
OP
CavFab_mfg

CavFab_mfg

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
CavFab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlur
Occupation
Sounds good Dave, what are you using to prevent tire bouncing At the bottom, bracket, oem style bumper, If anything? Also, plate and camera mounting aRe really My only concerns because I do want your rear crawl bumper as well
As far as plat mounting / camera mounting goes. We include a license plate relocation, as well as a new fully enclosed camera mount that angles the camera in a very ideal position.

OP
OP
CavFab_mfg

CavFab_mfg

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
CavFab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlur
Occupation
Giving this a bump, but also letting everyone here know we are running our "Made in the USA Sale" during this interesting time.

Even though our JLForum discount is 15%, the Made in the USA sale may come out cheaper on some of our products. With that being said: Take 10% off AND get free shipping using code: USA

Let us know if we can help!

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
As far as plat mounting / camera mounting goes. We include a license plate relocation, as well as a new fully enclosed camera mount that angles the camera in a very ideal position.
Hi Dave, still trying to decide on a carrier. If I could easily get yours powder coated in less then 3 weeks up here I would have bought yours already. You said you have a new fully enclosed camera mount/housing, can we see it?

OP
OP
CavFab_mfg

CavFab_mfg

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
CavFab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlur
Occupation
Hi Dave, still trying to decide on a carrier. If I could easily get yours powder coated in less then 3 weeks up here I would have bought yours already. You said you have a new fully enclosed camera mount/housing, can we see it?
I think the "enclosed" term may have been used fairly generically. This is our Camera mount system:

Cam Mount 2.jpg

Cam Mount.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
CavFab_mfg

CavFab_mfg

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
CavFab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlur
Occupation
Is there in and out movement of the wheel? Can you push the tire against the carrier to prevent vibration?
Yes, there is adjustment to bring the tire into the tailgate, or away from the tailgate to compensate for a variety of different widths and backspacing options.

Jason

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR StingGray
No reason this wouldn’t work with the stock steel bumper right?

OP
OP
CavFab_mfg

CavFab_mfg

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
CavFab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlur
Occupation
No reason this wouldn’t work with the stock steel bumper right?
Nope, we have several folks who have installed with stock steel and plastic bumper :)

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
Are these in stock, ready to ship? Or is there a lead time? (If so, how long?)
Sponsored