First Name
CavFab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlur
Occupation
Aftermarket Jeep Product Manufacturer
Looks awesome! Do you have the tire mount set at the highest height?

Looking at it I would say no. You can go very high with the tire (to the point where a decent amount of the tire is above the roof line).

beast40

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Installed mine today. Easy project took about 3hrs, if anyone wants more photos let me know I took a bunch during the install. I have some wiring adjustments to make but the tire carrier itself is AWESOME.

IMG_4565.JPG

IMG_4579.JPG

IMG_4588.JPG

IMG_4592.JPG

pcho724

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Installed mine today. Easy project took about 3hrs, if anyone wants more photos let me know I took a bunch during the install. I have some wiring adjustments to make but the tire carrier itself is AWESOME.

Jeep Wrangler JL CavFab JL / JLU Elite Series HD Tire Carrier IMG_4592.JPG

That's not too bad for the install time. Looks great man. I have a few questions.
- Did you have the tire carrier powder coated?
- For the wiring adjustments, is it for the camera?
- What did you do for the third brake light?

Sponsored

beast40

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
That's not too bad for the install time. Looks great man. I have a few questions.
- Did you have the tire carrier powder coated?
- For the wiring adjustments, is it for the camera?
- What did you do for the third brake light?

Yes at a local wheel shop called Rim guard. They did a great job and I’ll 100% use them i the future.

I ran the camera wire using the stock hole out of the door and into the carrier. It’s not quite long enough so I’m going to run it through the tailgate gills. Third brake like fits onto the cavfab braket. I’m going to redo all the wiring and run wires for a plate light and back up lights.

All set up, but I need a quick disconnect for the plate lights. Hoping to figure that out today.

Reusing this from my tire delete:
https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...rtec-license-plate-led-lights-and-harness-kit

IMG_4595.JPG

IMG_4596.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
CavFab_mfg

CavFab_mfg

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
CavFab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlur
Occupation
Aftermarket Jeep Product Manufacturer
Just a heads up for those interested...you can get a camera cable extension cheap (quick google search) for those that want a little extra slack when removing the camera mount to swap a spare, etc.

beast40

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Just a heads up for those interested...you can get a camera cable extension cheap (quick google search) for those that want a little extra slack when removing the camera mount to swap a spare, etc.
You just need to be careful you get the correct wire. The one on my 2018 has a different key than the one on my 2021. I've read it could also be due to my 2021 having the front camera option.

If someone finds one for a 2021 with the front Camera I would be very grateful.

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I just ordered mine today. I can hardly wait. :) I'm replacing my Maximus-3 tire carrier. It's a nice carrier but it has too many moving parts and it's causing a binding issue with the factory tailgate stops.

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Yes at a local wheel shop called Rim guard. They did a great job and I’ll 100% use them i the future.

I ran the camera wire using the stock hole out of the door and into the carrier. It’s not quite long enough so I’m going to run it through the tailgate gills. Third brake like fits onto the cavfab braket. I’m going to redo all the wiring and run wires for a plate light and back up lights.

All set up, but I need a quick disconnect for the plate lights. Hoping to figure that out today.

Reusing this from my tire delete:
https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...rtec-license-plate-led-lights-and-harness-kit

Jeep Wrangler JL CavFab JL / JLU Elite Series HD Tire Carrier IMG_4596.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL CavFab JL / JLU Elite Series HD Tire Carrier IMG_4596.JPG
I used the same plate lights and ending up fanning up some metal extensions on the back side so the lights are a little above. That way if I ever remove the plate don’t have to cut wires etc. I got the area kit that came with quick disconnect harness..

Sponsored

beast40

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I used the same plate lights and ending up fanning up some metal extensions on the back side so the lights are a little above. That way if I ever remove the plate don’t have to cut wires etc. I got the area kit that came with quick disconnect harness..
Great idea. Would you mind sharing a pic?

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Great idea. Would you mind sharing a pic?
here you go, had some 1/8th laying around and made these. Just bolted in for now. May end up welding on but don’t move so far. The electrical quick disconnect was in the artec kit, it’s just a generic weatherproof two wire quick disconnect. I ran the all the wiring through the vent fins including the camera cable as it was too short as you already discovered.

Jeep Wrangler JL CavFab JL / JLU Elite Series HD Tire Carrier F63A9278-DFC5-4A5D-8334-DC2DFAC4E440

Jeep Wrangler JL CavFab JL / JLU Elite Series HD Tire Carrier 57F38640-9D3B-4043-BE8B-2348BB0CE764

Jeep Wrangler JL CavFab JL / JLU Elite Series HD Tire Carrier A962083C-64AB-4402-BF08-E4793B3B056F

Last edited:

beast40

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Awesome! Ty. Going to copy your set up.

OP
OP
CavFab_mfg