CavFab JL / JLU Elite Series HD Tire Carrier

beast40

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Those that have gotten the carrier and parts powder coated, what was the cost? I realize that is somewhat location dependent but just want a gut check before pulling the trigger on this carrier.
I paid 110 in Raleigh NC if my memory serves me right.
Sponsored

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
Those that have gotten the carrier and parts powder coated, what was the cost? I realize that is somewhat location dependent but just want a gut check before pulling the trigger on this carrier.
I’m going to attempt to find some high quality spray paint (unobtanium in my area) but if I can’t I’ll be dropping mine off for powdercoat this week. If I do I’ll let you know.

OP
OP
CavFab_mfg

CavFab_mfg

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
CavFab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlur
Occupation
Aftermarket Jeep Product Manufacturer
Been running through these like crazy. See lots of folks utilizing the Forum code.

Thanks for everyone's business!

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

havent seen this carrier yet. Ive just added this to the want list.

Sponsored

OP
OP
CavFab_mfg

CavFab_mfg

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
CavFab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlur
Occupation
OP
OP
CavFab_mfg

CavFab_mfg

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
CavFab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlur
Occupation
We get asked pretty often if this carrier will work with OEM wheels (or someone says to us that they plan to use it with stock wheels).

Historically we have advertised (and to this day continue to) that our carrier will not accomidate stock wheels. The hub bore on OEM wheels is not large enough to allow our plate / camera mountt to fit properly.

While this isnt an issue for most we do now have an alternate design for the plate mount that will allow for the use of stock wheels. I will make sure we get this as an option on the website but until then if you'd like to order one this way just drop us a call and we can make it happen.

Thanks!
CavFab

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
We get asked pretty often if this carrier will work with OEM wheels (or someone says to us that they plan to use it with stock wheels).

Historically we have advertised (and to this day continue to) that our carrier will not accomidate stock wheels. The hub bore on OEM wheels is not large enough to allow our plate / camera mountt to fit properly.

While this isnt an issue for most we do now have an alternate design for the plate mount that will allow for the use of stock wheels. I will make sure we get this as an option on the website but until then if you'd like to order one this way just drop us a call and we can make it happen.

Thanks!
CavFab
@CavFab_mfg Have you actually tried this? I don't think the lug nuts would touch.

My experience with the bora JL wheel from AEV is that with the tire mount the furthest out, my tires still kisses the tire carrier and that is with a 315/70/17 tire. Now use a stock wheel and you will have problems getting the lug nuts on.

Last edited:

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase

Thanks!
CavFab
Just install an LOD camera relocation kit like I did and problem solved (even though I have aftermarket wheels).

I did not want the hassle of having to take things off to be able to pull the spare off of the tire carrier. I also installed a different third brake light.

Jeep Wrangler JL CavFab JL / JLU Elite Series HD Tire Carrier -3201006270005731347

Jeep Wrangler JL CavFab JL / JLU Elite Series HD Tire Carrier 9042410651853367759

OP
OP
CavFab_mfg

CavFab_mfg

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
CavFab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlur
Occupation
Summer is here! Folks are heading on vacation and heading to the trails :)

Don't suffer from a rattling, sagging carrier any longer. Our Elite Series carrier will hold a 42" tire without issue, and you wont ever hear it rattle. Simple, one handed open / close (no janky latches to fight to open the tailgate).

Use our forum discount code to make this even more affordable!
Code: JLFORUM

CavFab.com

Sponsored

OP
OP
CavFab_mfg

CavFab_mfg

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
CavFab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlur
Occupation
Hot off the press!

Dont forget to use code: JLFORUM

Screen Shot 2022-07-13 at 1.10.02 PM.png

nsfw_andy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hydro Blue JLUR Ecodiesel
Their welder has some serious talent laying down those dimes.

I already have the cavfab front and rear bumper setup, banged them both up on some rocks a few times, did a few recoveries using it, and it held up great! Because I love the the great build quality, I will be placing my order for this tire carrier soon as well.

klanc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Can anyone give me the specs for these bolts I have circled? The shop who installed my tire carrier claims they never got them (aka they lost them).

Anyways, I messaged cavfab via Facebook and they said it would be cheaper if they just give me the specs and buy locally rather than buy with them and have it shipped. Since then I haven’t heard anything back from them even though I messaged again on Facebook a couple times (shows they read the message) and sent an email about this and haven’t gotten a response from them. Just want to finish this project. Not thrilled with their customer service so far.

I appreciate any help, thanks!
Jeep Wrangler JL CavFab JL / JLU Elite Series HD Tire Carrier 2DD57462-F497-4FDE-B1D5-70F09531FC8D
Sponsored